The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1G fwd to awd brake upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white20gfwd

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 28, 2002
ilion , New_York
i was wondering if the rotor size between the awd cars and the fwd cars are the same size. i have new cross drilled rotors for fwd and just purchased awd twin piston calipers and was wondering if the rotor size was any diff? i dont want to take them out of the box to see because i want to be able to send them back if they are not.

They are not the same. WWW.VFAQ.com then go to brakes and read up. Really good info and great FAQ. I do not know the exact size off the rop of my head, but I do know AWD is bigger. Why do you think everyone upgrades to the AWD brakes?

I just did the AWD big brake upgrade to my GS-T over the last weekend. It really makes a difference.
The FWD rotors are approx. 9.5" in diameter and the AWD rotors are approx. 11" in diameter. Hope this helps and don't open the box.
:thumb:

yea i am sending the rotors back to summit for the awd ones. they said they woudl pay for shipping so its all good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back