The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

92 1gb 7bolt into a 1g 92 6bolt car? Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasershark

Proven Member
May 17, 2013
over yander, Idaho
Hello found a good deal on a 1gb 7bolt motor I cant seem to find a lot of information on this.

Will my tranny work fine? (both engines/cars 5spd awd)
From what I read the electronics are the same as far as sensors. True?

So basically Im wondering is what might or might not work for the swap, was gonna rebuild the 6 bolt but wanted my car to still be drivable.

7 bolt engine from late 1992 car, my car is an early 92

thanks guys

It will swap right over no major changes. Timing belt cover and oil filter housing. Tranny will also connect, but you'll have to change to a 7 bolt flywheel. I have a 93 that had a 1g 7 bolt and I built a 6 bolt and it went right in. Also mine is awd.

^Beat to it.

It's a direct swap if both engines are complete. Obviously, some 6-bolt specific components will not work on the 7-bolt so as long as you aren't "borrowing" too many (or the wrong) components from the 6-bolt, you should have very little trouble.

All electronics are the same.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back