The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

91 Throttle Body Rebuild.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanro

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2009
Montgomery, Alabama
Decided to put in some wrench time today. Working on my throttle body and I can say is #### YOU Mikuni. Your carburetors are shit, and your brilliant idea to use screws in assembling a throttle body is just pure aggravation.

Anyways, I need some information on the screw sizes. I need the sizes for the two that attach the throttle plate to the shaft. And the 5 That attach the ISC/Fiav portion to the actual throttle body.

Yeah I am blocking off the FIAV. Replacing the ISC. Polishing the throttle plate, and bore, and putting new shaft seals.

I know this is gravedigging but I found this while looking for something else. But I have useful information to resolve this thread! :)

Following information is good for any 90-99 Turbo DSM TB (not 100% on NT but I doubt they're any different)

There are 5 screws that hold the FIAV to the TB. 4 of them are exactly the same and the 5th one is just a bit shorter.

The 4 are M5 x 0.8 x 34.7MM (diameter x pitch x length)
The 5th one is M5 x 0.8 x 17.7MM

Also, you can use standard size hardware since the sizes are so similar.

They all measure
#10 thread diameter x 32TPI
4 of them are 1.37" in length and the last one is 0.7" in length

If I can't get them out with a hand impact Philips head, I usually just make a deep straight cut in the heads and use the flathead on the hand impact. Replace them with SS Allen heads or something better :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Very nice trick for removing screws on the plate. It helped me out a lot, and mine were stripped to hell and back. This is only a real option for those with no means of cutting like you suggested.

Okay that's what I thought you meant but wasn't 100%.

Hmm, I'll have to try that sometime! Surprised I never heard of it. Thanks for the info

Last edited by a moderator:
Also going to grave dig, I was looking for info about rebuilding TBs. Anyways, I recently discovered a trick for stubborn screws.
Don't use a regular screw driver, use a bit driver+correct size bit.
Idk if it's because of material hardness, or surface finish, or tolerances or what, but I found that using a bit driver instead with the little 1/4" hex drives grips a million times better. I couldn't get the screws out of my headlights on my other car, they were starting to strip and showed no willingness to budge, but I decided to try my bit driver instead and they came right out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back