The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

'90 Rear Right Hard Brake Line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xit40

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
Weedsport, New_York
I have a problem. I need to know where I can find the Right Rear Hard Brake Line for my 1990 Laser RS FWD. It looks like a little S and connects two pieces of rubber line. CAPS isn't working on my comp. anymore so I can't look it up. I looked on my 1992 Talon Tsi AWD and it doesn't have one. Please tell me this isn't only a 1990 part. I'm hoping it's on all FWD's. Someone please give me good news.

Also my e-brake line on the right rear is frozen. These problems are completely unrelated, but complicate each other. Anyone have any idea how I could unfreeze it. I always could unhook it under the console, but if possible I would like it to work.

I solved the brake line problem with some straight line I bought from the hardware store and bent into shape by hand. A PITA but it seems to work and doesn't look to bad.

Any thoughts on the frozen e-brake cable? I really would like it to work.

I know on mine it was not really the cable itself . It was the return springs on the rear that had lost there strength . I was told it was discontinued though . Not sure on interchangeble models .

The return spring on the caliper is excellent. I just replaced both rear calipers. I need a prybar to move it. The line is just totally stuck. The one on the left hand side works great. As of right now I just unhooked it off the caliper because it rubs when I'm driving and heats up significantly.

You can get cables from mitsu for around $50 a piece or from Napa for around $30. I've put napa ones on 2 different cars with no issues. I picked up a set of Mitsu's for my car, I prefer oem.
Also, I'd replace both if you do them. Might as well have both new, rather then one old, stretched one and one new. Also there is a left and right side, so be sure to specify when you pick some up.

So far I've replaced the hard line and unhooked the e-brake cable on the caliper. So i'm confident the e-brake and line aren't causing any more problems. Trouble is I'm still experiencing some droning loud and low pitched from the rear brake area. It does it when I slightly apply the brakes and sometimes when I'm just driving with no pressure on the brake pedal. I'm going to completely replace all the brake fluid in the car and put an extra set of pads I have on the back to see if that fixes the problem, but I'm afraid that won't be enough. I have recently (in the past year) replaced both calipers and rotors in the rear of the car so those should be good. Is it possible that there's something wrong with the axle? Are there bearings back there that might need to be replaced or repacked in grease? I haven't had much time to look at the car as it's been cold out recently and I have 2 other vehicles I'm working on. All help would be appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back