The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

8mm spacers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzydoodle

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 12, 2007
Millwood, Washington
I tried searching for it but nothing came up for what I wanted. I have some 45 offset wheels, but i'm doing the brembo upgrade, people are running the evo wheels with these which are +38, and they look pretty flush with the fenders.
I dont really want to do spacers but its way cheaper than new wheels, so, does anyone know of a high quality hubcentric spacer in 8mm?
Cause I aint having any luck finding them.
Thanks for the help.

Yeah I already saw those, I was looking for 8mm as opposed to 10mm.
Like I was saying the +38 offset of the evo wheels looks to be perfectly flush with the
fenders, so I was thinking that +35 would be too much.
Hence looking for the 8mm spacer. But thank you for the help.

Don't spend money on the spacers until you find out for sure if it will work or not.
Think about it, if you get the spacers and it doesn't work you still have to change the rims. So instead of just getting a different set of rims now you spent money on spacers and still have to get new rims. Do it right the first and save money in the long run.

Yeah H&R is a day shipping away from me so..
Honestly my spokes curve WAY out so I think they might fit anyway, but either way the offset is set too far in a little negative and they will sit flush with the fenders and not look so homosexual.
But if the +38 of an evo work you would think +40 would work I mean really what is 2mm, not much.
I have not seen any evo wheels with big brakes on a 2g up close though so I dont know how much
room there is to spare between the back of the spokes and the caliper, any one with this done, input
would be appreciated.

I have a Baer Track setup on my gvr4 with the 13"x1.1" rotors along with a set of EVO9 rims which have a +38mm offset. I will try to get an up close pic for you maybe it will help.

Yeah I already saw those, I was looking for 8mm as opposed to 10mm.
Like I was saying the +38 offset of the evo wheels looks to be perfectly flush with the
fenders, so I was thinking that +35 would be too much.
Hence looking for the 8mm spacer. But thank you for the help.

Do you the between 8mm and 10 mm? It's a 2 mm difference which is 0.079 in. That's barely anything. No one could identifying the difference.

Try stacking washers on all of the studs to add up to 5 and 10mm and see which one you like better with the car sitting on the ground. Don't drive it that way, just mock it up so you can make an educated decision for your car.

You could also take those 10mm spacers to a machine shop and get some material taken off of them if you needed to.

Lol, I dont know why I didnt think about putting washers on there just to get an idea of what will work. Thats a pretty good idea though, and yeah I guess to get a perfect fit I could machine some off. Thats gonna make me feel super ghetto. LOL.
Thanks for the help though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back