The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

811awhp on an FP 35RHTA

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red91gst

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2002
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Hit the dyno last week for the first time on E85 in a long time with CB's 1G.

Curt drove it here (60 miles) at 29 psi the way he drives it to work and first pull layed down 724awhp and 526 ftlbs, not bad for daily boost.

Next we bumped it to 35psi and hit 811 hp and 608 torque, still on street timing and a little fat.

Turned it up to 40psi and the headgasket let go at 5800rpm, nice thing though is it hit 743hp and 672 torque by 5800 rpm well on it's way to a big number. Pushed a ton of coolant into #3 and snapped the head off an exhaust valve, not bad for 2 full seasons on the Buschur motor!

Here's a quick rundown of the setup:

Car is a 1994 AWD Talon

Buschur 2.0L
CB Head
Shep Trans
Comp Clutch
FP HTA 3586R
Shearer Header
ECMlink V3 in SD Mode
ID 2200cc Injectors
Buschur FMIC
Straight from the pump E85

Dyno attached, Wheel Speed and RPM

Going to make a few changes over the winter getting the car ready for next season!

Nate
TPG Tuning

Attachments

• 811 wheel speed.jpg
    811 wheel speed.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,568
  • 811 rpm.jpg
    811 rpm.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,596
No, shit... That is awesome.. Is it a T3, or T4??? Divided, or not... What AR on turbine??? Thanks.

Off the shelf FP T3 non-divided .82 a/r turbine housing!

Nate
TPG Tuning

Nice numbers! That is nuts for a 35R-based turbocharger!

I am astounded to see how you are making that power on that small of a housing, and turbo considering you are making more power than my Borg Warner S400SX 74mm with a 1.1A/R divided T4. On a 2.3L aluminum rod 8.3:1 race engine. You guys are making 80whp more than my setup at 30psi, and more power at 35psi, than I am at 41psi. Just absolutely nuts! Is this on a liquid-to-air intercooler setup? What kind of AIT's were you guys seeing during the pulls?

What have you guys done to the unsprung rotating mass (wheels, brakes, hubs, bearings, calipers, etc), let alone the transmission, axles, driveshaft, transfer case and rear end? Is this just a spooled 4-speed transmission with removed 5th gear (splined plug in place of intermediate gear and machined down 5th gear)?

Any WPC or Cryo treatments of your bearings? Actual engine compression ratio?

What were the uncorrected numbers? AWHP and TQ?

What are the actual inducer and exducer numbers for both wheels in the turbo?

Nate, you know I am not ragging on you and Curt's numbers whatsoever, I am just trying to see where you guys are getting all your "extra" power to the ground from.

Game on! :thumb:

The EVO guys are making big power with the same smaller frame turbo's too. Very impressive for sure!

I wonder what internals and machining process are used in them buschur engines? Badass power!! Trap times and weight of vehicle...? Guess we won't know since the motor let go

I see your only a couple hours over the border, I think I will get you to tune my car come spring.

Nice numbers! That is nuts for a 35R-based turbocharger!

I am astounded to see how you are making that power on that small of a housing, and turbo considering you are making more power than my Borg Warner S400SX 74mm with a 1.1A/R divided T4. On a 2.3L aluminum rod 8.3:1 race engine. You guys are making 80whp more than my setup at 30psi, and more power at 35psi, than I am at 41psi. Just absolutely nuts! Is this on a liquid-to-air intercooler setup? What kind of AIT's were you guys seeing during the pulls?

What have you guys done to the unsprung rotating mass (wheels, brakes, hubs, bearings, calipers, etc), let alone the transmission, axles, driveshaft, transfer case and rear end? Is this just a spooled 4-speed transmission with removed 5th gear (splined plug in place of intermediate gear and machined down 5th gear)?

Any WPC or Cryo treatments of your bearings? Actual engine compression ratio?

What were the uncorrected numbers? AWHP and TQ?

What are the actual inducer and exducer numbers for both wheels in the turbo?

Nate, you know I am not ragging on you and Curt's numbers whatsoever, I am just trying to see where you guys are getting all your "extra" power to the ground from.

Game on! :thumb:

The car is on an air-to-air Buschur core, I'd have to look up the datalogs for AIT!

It is a Shep Stage 4 trans, syncro box with 5th gear. There is ALOT of time spent on suspension and drivetrain components, with special consideration to weight reducing of rotating mass.

Curt has done some one-off stuff as far as bearings are concerned but unfortunetly I can't say more than that.

Uncorrected numbers on the 811awhp pull were 784/591 I believe!

Nate
TPG

I for sure know the reason as to how this power at that boost level is possible.

The car is on an air-to-air Buschur core, I'd have to look up the datalogs for AIT!

It is a Shep Stage 4 trans, syncro box with 5th gear. There is ALOT of time spent on suspension and drivetrain components, with special consideration to weight reducing of rotating mass.

Curt has done some one-off stuff as far as bearings are concerned but unfortunetly I can't say more than that.

Uncorrected numbers on the 811awhp pull were 784/591 I believe!

Nate
TPG

Nate, I appreciate the information! Are you guys going down to PRI in Florida this December?

Good luck with the car and I look forward to seeing more of your innovations turned into proven combinations!

Later,

I for sure know the reason as to how this power at that boost level is possible.

So do I .....TPG:hellyeah:

By the way Nate where the hell where you for the showdown:confused:

By the way did Curt get those tubular control arms the one guy one selling on another forum? I had a set lined up for my build but I don't know what happened the one guy just stopped responding??? I was like dam atleast just tell me he's not making them anymore.

So do I .....TPG:hellyeah:

By the way Nate where the hell where you for the showdown:confused:

By the way did Curt get those tubular control arms the one guy one selling on another forum? I had a set lined up for my build but I don't know what happened the one guy just stopped responding??? I was like dam atleast just tell me he's not making them anymore.
:thumb:

Not to take away anything from Nate but I think Curt deserves a lot of credit for what he is doing with the rotating mass of the car to get it to make these numbers. Granted it takes a great tuner but it takes someone who is dedicated to take the time to make all these improvements.

Not to take away anything from Nate but I think Curt deserves a lot of credit for what he is doing with the rotating mass of the car to get it to make these numbers. Granted it takes a great tuner but it takes someone who is dedicated to take the time to make all these improvements.

It's not as hard as you think to free up rotating mass it just takes comittment to the build....and or course pockets not as shallow as the next guy LOL ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back