The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 68hta e85 - Guess 1/4 eta

1/4 mile eta

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow just saw the video...damn bro you gotta slam that thing into gear.... ur driving it like it's your grandma's car...I would take you on the hole shot with my FWD just on the shifting LOL

It is my grandma’s car LOL. Yeah I can def pick up a few 100th on the shift. Also going to increase nlts to 6k from 5500

Is it just the video or is it running super lean? 13 14 afr?

It was lean. There was something wrong with my rewire causing the car to stall so I bypassed it to run off the stock harness while driving to the track. I adjusted the sd table after that run. Side note, these Bosch 2150’s are a nightmare to dial in.

Last edited:
Why so lean of target? I shoot for 11.7 on E85, That's a lot of timing at peak TQ, what is compression ratio of motor? Good way to push a head gasket with tons of timing at peak TQ.

Why so lean of target? I shoot for 11.7 on E85, That's a lot of timing at peak TQ, what is compression ratio of motor? Good way to push a head gasket with tons of timing at peak TQ.

Do you mind posting your wot log so I can see your timing table?

You have so much left in that turbo. A full weight car could probably dip into the 10’s. Your average dsm with no ac/no abs/no bumper supports can go 10.50. 120mph is good for bottom 11’s with some practice. That turbo will go 130mph. Also 12.7 is way lean. 11.7-12.0 should be your target range. I don’t like seeing higher than 12.3, e85 doesn’t really knock so trying to find your limits based on knock is not advised. Whoever said target 12.7 afr you need to stop taking advice from.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
This was a very aggressive map I used when I was on a 16g on e85. It went fast.

12+ degrees during spool up and 15* at tq peak is pretty aggressive imo. Car went 10.64 like that and it’s not very light, still a street car. I know a few people that tune these things for a living and told me I was crazy running timing like that. But I’m not a tuner so maybe it’s not aggressive?

I have ran timing numbers like that with small turbos that don't hold boost up top. I would never think of something like that on a car making some serious jam LOL. Did you ever have it on a dyno? most dsm's do not seem to make anymore power above 18-20 degrees.

I never dynoed it with that setup, however the numbers suggest it was between 450-475whp(I realize that’s a big number for the turbo and am not making any claims that those numbers are real, only going off of data). Track times and ecmlink power calculator showed gains up to 22* iirc going to 23 showed no gain or loss so I feel that was all it was going to do.
I have ran timing numbers like that with small turbos that don't hold boost up top. I would never think of something like that on a car making some serious jam LOL. Did you ever have it on a dyno? most dsm's do not seem to make anymore power above 18-20 degrees.

On a previous setup but still e3 16g it dynoed 404/398 with a best 60ft of 1.48 and best 1/8 mph of 98. The setup above went went the same 1.48 60ft but went 103.5 in the 1/8. So substantial increase in power. 1/4 mph numbers are skewed a little as I had a caliper dragging enough to stop the car in the staging lanes without pressing the brakes. And I only ever ran the last iteration of my 16g setup at the track 1 day. I suspect it would have been 130-132 without a brake issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back