The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

6 bolt 4g63 vs G4CN (4G67) strength.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sampo

Probationary Member
Nov 27, 2019
Liberty City, Australia
Good morning Gents.
Please forgive my ignorance, I'm quite new to the 4G family of engines, my experience is largely with the Nissan RB family.
Anyways, I've started a dohc swap on a 6 bolt 4g63 12v block and discovered a catastrophic failure of the oil pump Ballance Shaft bearing, along with a small amount of crank walk and a few thousands on an inch of play on the big end conrod bearings.
Having purchased an entire Hyundai G4CN 1.8L 6 bolt 4G67 engine for the dohc head I'm starting to wonder if this engine would make a suitable replacement for the 4g63 which at a minimum requires machining of the oil pump balance Shaft carrier.

I would like to produce a healthy 400hp at all four wheels from this engine using a compound boost setup consisting of a Eaton M45 twin screw supercharger fed by a gt3582r turbocharger, running on E85.

Do you think the stock G4CN / 4g67 6 bolt bottom end will cope with this kind of power or is this more of a pipe dream than a reality.

Kind regards, Matthew

Here's a quick video of what I found when I removed the sump.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back