The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

5th Annual Northeast DSM Meet- MARK YOUR CALENDARS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think Wes is right- best engineered is tough to judge just by looking. I was on the fence about it, but thought I'd throw it out.

As far as best find goes, I was thinking it might be best original looking car. For example, if someone shows up with a DSM with 15k original miles, no mods, and perfect paint, I'd say it would probably take the cake.

These are all just suggestions to get the ball rolling. I'm also good without a "car show." I think of a meet like an informal car show without winners and losers, and I like that. Either way, I'm good.

My only thoughts on the car show is to get people talking/interacting more and to have a little fun :) I'm not a huge fan of going to car shows where some people who build their stuff for that take it so seriously. I know most people with these cars don't, so I think we could have some fun.

If anyone coming wants to bring something, just let me know.

I'm also good without a "car show."

My only thoughts on the car show is to get people talking/interacting more and to have a little fun :).

I intend on bringing some things for my personal consumption because I realize that some individuals eat considerably more than others. Admittedly, I can eat a lot throughout the day.

Since it is not known whether you have as many large coolers as may be needed, is there a need for others to bring additional large coolers to use during the day?

Having an amusing “car show” would be fine, yet I would not mind if it doesn’t materialize due to the complexity of managing it without creating antagonism. I had thought that your organizing numerous group pictures, especially striving to do it early while the most people are attending, had provided a good method for unfamiliar people to get acquainted. I recall that several time consuming “issues” had affected prior meets in properly organizing various group pictures, and I think that coordinating several entertaining group pictures could create plenty of opportunities for people to meet each other in a relaxed, lighthearted way.
Jim

Both. It has a large long parking lot (one row of parking on each side) and then a wooded area with a pavilion with picnic benches and charcoal grills. There's also a separate building with bathrooms. Most of the time a good portion of the parking lot and most of the wooded area/pavilion is in the shade, which is very nice.

I like the idea of function over form, but I don't think we have enough true purpose built cars that attend to have this category.

So.. dumb question, is this like a parking lot area? or is it a camp ground? it kinda looks like the later?

Here are examples of the site...

Attachments

• z2010_08010 site.JPG
    z2010_08010 site.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 178
  • z2011 DSM site 092.JPG
    z2011 DSM site 092.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 97
I'll probably come out again this year. It while be nice not to hear the heckling about putting my car on the 2 step though. The park doesn't have to let us do this meet every year, but it's a nice area and I'd like to go back years to come.

Hmm.. so who wants to help me push my car into a spot since my reverse gear is MIA. :rofl:
Waiting on getting a new trans when i get my financial aid check, but until then im stuck with 1-5 LOL

anyone from the Harrisburg or surrounding area want to ride down together send me a pm

I intend on bringing some things for my personal consumption because I realize that some individuals eat considerably more than others. Admittedly, I can eat a lot throughout the day.

Since it is not known whether you have as many large coolers as may be needed, is there a need for others to bring additional large coolers to use during the day?

Feel free to bring your own food, Jim, as I know how much you eat LOL

If other people can bring coolers, please let me know. I'll probably bring one large one for the water and another smaller one possibly for the food. We'll have to see how much I can fit in the Eclipse :thumb:

some car show ideas:

Best single mod

Best stock

Best saved from death car

Best Wheels

Most decibels

Best beater

Best in custom work

Thanks for the input! I think the only one we might be able to pull out of there is "Best Custom Work" - just not sure how to properly apply it. I don't think we can get that specific with how few people we will have there.

The decibels one definitely won't fly with the park patrol. And I think we can combine the "Best Beater" one with the above mentioned "Most likely to sell for $500 on craigslist" category.

anyone from the Harrisburg or surrounding area want to ride down together send me a pm

Wow, you're actually coming. I've been wondering how long it was going to take to meet you, considering you're only across the river from me LOL

If other people can bring coolers, please let me know. I'll probably bring one large one for the water and another smaller one possibly for the food. We'll have to see how much I can fit in the Eclipse :thumb:

I'll bring a cooler with some ice in it. I'm not working for Coca-Cola any more, so no more free cases of water, or else I'd bring another pile again.

gettin close! getting excited! I can also bring charcoal since they have grilles there? I can also bring hot dogs, hamburgers, junk like that. Let me know

In addition to Wes bringing a cooler, I can also bring a large cooler.

Do you think we'll need 3 large coolers, Jim? I just ordered myself a 70 quart cooler for drinks and will be bringing a smaller one to keep the food in. Then Wes is bringing one. If you think we may need it, feel free to bring it along. If not, you can see what we'll have there.

gettin close! getting excited! I can also bring charcoal since they have grilles there? I can also bring hot dogs, hamburgers, junk like that. Let me know

I'm in! How about 3 bags of chips! - rkm

Figures, the year I decide to get all the food myself people actually volunteer without having to be prompted. Kudos to you guys (and anyone else who has)!

talon2gbuyer: I'm going to say if you want to bring a bag of charcoal, that'd be great. I think I have 1-1.5 bags at my apartment that I'll bring, so that should be plenty. I'll obviously use mine first so if we don't need yours, you can just take it back with you. If you have no use for charcoal at your place, then just let me know and I'll bring it all so you don't have a random bag sitting around.

I'm going to provide all the main food (burgers, dogs, buns, condiments, etc.), just to make it easier and so I can be fair to everyone.

Dick: If you want to bring a couple bags of chips, that'd be fine. My car can only hold so much stuff since nothing but the owner's butt and helmet get to go in Eric's car LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back