The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

50trim seals bad? **MANY PICS**

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry I can't help with diagnosing your oil seal problem but HOW did the seals fail in such a short time? It seems like I have read about some many large turbos having issues with low miles, yet when was the last time you heard of an EVO16g having problems after 10k miles? Who out there makes a reliable turbo?

Rob Rohr said:
Sorry I can't help with diagnosing your oil seal problem but HOW did the seals fail in such a short time? It seems like I have read about some many large turbos having issues with low miles, yet when was the last time you heard of an EVO16g having problems after 10k miles? Who out there makes a reliable turbo?

[Off Topic]

Rob Rohr,

Seems like this is more proof of what you've enquired about in the "AGP vs PTE 50 trim turbo > which is better" thread so I'm not sure why you are asking about reliable turbos when it seems the findings are somewhat one sided. Anyhow, hopefully you'll take into consideration the comments others have made - I'll shutup now.

[/Off Topic]

LookDadNoBdyKit,

A turbo like that should be well within warranty. I'd contact PTE and send it in for a warranty claim. Hopefully they'll agree to warranty the work and thus the total cost of the rebuild should be the price of shipping. Best of luck.

I emailed them about it. Waiting to hear back from them. It would forserious be flippin sweet if it was covered under warantee. :D

exactly why i ditched my pte.. same problem.

LookDadNoBdyKit said:
I emailed them about it. Waiting to hear back from them. It would forserious be flippin sweet if it was covered under warantee. :D
where did you get it from? and how long ago?

GSX said:
[Off Topic]
Seems like this is more proof of what you've enquired about in the "AGP vs PTE 50 trim turbo > which is better" thread so I'm not sure why you are asking about reliable turbos when it seems the findings are somewhat one sided. Anyhow, hopefully you'll take into consideration the comments others have made - I'll shutup now.

[/Off Topic]

Fair enough, it does look like AGP is the clear winner, unless I wanted to go with an &FP$ turbo.

LookDadNoBdyKit, I wish you luck with your turbo situation and agree that PTE should want to take care of you with only 10k miles of use!

LookDadNoBdyKit said:
RnR. no more than a year ago
should be under warranty. pte offers a 1 yr warranty.. im sure you will have to jump through some hoops and be without the car for a month.

Wow! We can't go a week without a thread about premature failure of a PTE turbo. I'm sure glad I decided to spend the extra money on a green. :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back