The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

4g64t spyder help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g64tSpyder19

Probationary Member
Sep 6, 2010
phenix city, Alabama
I just recently completed the hybrid conversion on my 4g64 spyder. I have done all the rewire mods from the links on curts site. I have a 2g turbo ecu, 450cc injectors with resistor pack wired in. The car starts runs and drives just a little sluggishly. My questions are: Is it necessary to swap out my n/t throttle body for the turbo tb? Do I need to replace the n/t fpr with the turbo? Is it okay to run the car on the turbo ecu without any tuning?

Also, I am not getting the suggested 7-8psi of boost and I am reading 0 vac on my gauge. I have done a boost leak test and solved those issues and I am still only getting maybe 2psi. Could this be due to a faulty bov? I think this may also be a vacuum line issue. Should I be running my bov to the P port on the throttle body? It is currently running to the E port. I have tried to do as much research as possible but with no prevail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

on my 4g63t my bov vacuum line goes straight to my intake mani. you say hybrid conversion your talkin bout the 4g63t head correct? im not sure of the fuel pressure on the spyders but if they are diff then yes you will need the turbo fpr. do hit me up though i have a few questions about the 4g63/4g64 hybrid

I am still on the sohc head. The vacuum line issue was just a thought. I know my bov is getting circulation as it is blowing off but I was thinking that it may not be closing all the way and that is my reason for only getting 2psi of boost and that's late in the rpm range. Is there any way to test this out? Also, I have done more research and I will be purchasing a stock turbo fpr soon. That may be my problem with running a little sluggish especially at wot. What questions do you have?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back