The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

4g64T question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xharlequinx

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
burlingame, California
if I were to turbo a 2.4l 4g64 for my mighty max truck, would all I need to do INTERNAL WISE is to add 2g rods, and lower compression pistons? I know I would have to go about doing an ecu swap, fuel pump, injectors, probably a keydiver chip, and all that, which I ma fine with. I know the stock set up can hold 10psi if tuned correctly, but I am pretty set on 15 or 16 psi, just because my goal from day 1 was to push 300whp...no more no less.
I was thinking about leaving the stock internals and just removing the balance shafts so I could run 10psi, but if I were to do that, I would only be pushing 230whp and I'm more than sure I'd get greedy and want to go faster. If I have learned anything from my talon it's to do things right the FIRST time.

one question tho... if I were to get this combo, would I get the connecting rods in 7 bolt, and the pistons in 7 bolt .20 over? or what?

It depends on what your mighty max has in it. Which 2.4 does it have?
The 4g64 is a 7 bolt motor, but the g4cs and g64b are 6 bolt 2.4's.

Well its a 1991 mighty max. I know that the earlier years came w a 6 bolt. But here's the thing: the guy that I bought the car from said he replaced the motor w his dad. It has 60k original miles on it which is awesome, but it would just suck if I ordered the wrong pistons and rods. So, I went and looked at the block # and I came out w this : 4g64 LD5401

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back