The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

4G64 DOHC cam options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cmanchan

Probationary Member
Mar 23, 2020
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Hi all!

I have a 1gb talon with a 4g64 swap from the galant GS with the DOHC and was wondering what my options were as far as aftermarket cams. I plan on porting the head and while I had the head out I was going to install a set of cams and some springs! Hoping to make reliable 400whp. I’ve tried to do a fair bit of searching but I can’t seem to find any aftermarket turbo cams for a DOHC 4g64. Are 4g63 DOHC cams compatible with the 4g64 head? Are they the same head? Any advise would be welcome.

Thanks!

Yes, you can use 4g63 cams for your 4g64 dohc head, it's the same as a 63's, though I'm not sure which generation it follows (1g "big port" or 2g "small port").
You will want to maintain the 64's cam gears as they're specific to that engine, or you can get adjustable gears to degree your cams for max benefit.
Most adj. gears are made for the 63 and will not be clocked/marked correctly for a 64 dohc out if the box. You can always scribe the correct mark on them by lining up the 63 gears to the 64 gears and transferring the marks, just be sure to have the adj. gears zeroed properly before doing so.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back