The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 420a performance parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac420a

Probationary Member
Feb 25, 2012
yadkinville, North_Carolina
hey guys, i have a 1999 eclipse rs. It was my first car and i wana make it more powerfull. i have serched every were for parts. can some one help me out with web sites to go to. and i want all motor no turbo, all tho i might super charge it if i can find one. i would like to find some standerd pistions but i want 10.5.1 compression. ###z need some help here

thanks guys, i have done orderd a few things from ci motorsports, but keep the sites commin. by the way thanks for the support, eveybody else thinks im stuiped for trying.

If you want bolt ons do performance ignition from the coil pack to the spark plugs. Bore your throttle body. Aftermarket intake manifold, header, test pipe or high flow cat, catback exhaust, and a K&N airfilter.

There's also nothing wrong with ebay header and downpipes. I had most of my 420a stuff from ebay and amazon. It performed amazingly well

has anybody used the JET V-Force Plus Performance Module ?

What ever you do make sure you try your best to do it the right way. There is no such thing as half assed builds in the dsm world.they end up in junk yards. Do your maintenance study ask all the questions you can. Not knowing about your car is ok here.it just makes everyone who does feel better that they helped you do it the right way. Personal opinion I would start with supporting mods that can support your goal. Bigger cams mean bigger air flow and fuel.higher compression requires these things. this would move you to your fuel pump injectors fuel line fuel rail and ignitiok system. At some point either your going to need a very good tune and possibly a turbo.. Go to the upgrade path for 2g nt and you will learn a lot including maintenance on your beast:)

thanks guys, i have done orderd a few things from ci motorsports, but keep the sites commin. by the way thanks for the support, eveybody else thinks im stuiped for trying.

Im sure no one thinks your stupid for trying. I piloted a 600cc CBR for a few years while everyone told me I was wasting my time. I ran a decent time of 10.03 with her and it was good fun. Use this as a learning experience and a launching pad for future automotive endeavors. Just keep in mind that our fastest n/t here is in the 175 hp range. The other guys here are looking at hp per dollar ratio and the 420A has a terrible return on investment in the power department. Food for thought bro. Be safe.

Im sure no one thinks your stupid for trying. I piloted a 600cc CBR for a few years while everyone told me I was wasting my time. I ran a decent time of 10.03 with her and it was good fun. Use this as a learning experience and a launching pad for future automotive endeavors. Just keep in mind that our fastest n/t here is in the 175 hp range. The other guys here are looking at hp per dollar ratio and the 420A has a terrible return on investment in the power department. Food for thought bro. Be safe.

The fastest n/t on the site is owned by bullet. He is pushing out between 210 and 220 I can't remember the exact number. There is also another guy on this site who is right up there as well.

OP you can also try 2gnt.com. The site is geared more towards the 420a powered eclipses. Also don't be afraid to pick up some used parts if you are on a tight budget.

Good luck!!

I stand corrected sir. Thats pretty impressive power from that little guy. Even though its stock turbo territory.

200 modified whp is way quicker than a stock turbo. Although I will agree dollar for dollar you dont get much of a return on an 420a NA, although its about that way for any NA 4banger.

Hmm... I thought that the little T-25 would get into the 200 whp range. I haven't had the chance to watch any dyno pulls because of where I live. You guys know better than I do. :thumb:

Are we arguing the stock turbocharger on a modified car or a completely stock turbocharged car? I was referring to the latter.

Im not arguing at all. I was referring to the capabilties of the T-25. We were on different pages there. There's no hate here for the non-turbo guys here. The dollar per hp ratio is the end all statement as far as the 4g63/420A bickering goes as far as im concerned. Its all good bro. :)

It'd be interesting to see a 420A/T-25 turbo install project's cost/HP ratio and then apply that same budget to a stock GST. I wonder which cost/HP ratio would be the most efficient? FUND IT!

exactly^^
bang for the buck, your always better going with a car that came from the factory turboed.

and i want all motor no turbo, all tho i might super charge it if i can find one.
I don't think a t25 is what he's wanting. OP-,I'm not sure how 420s hold up to displacement, but if your wanting more power that's def. One way of making it more possible without slapping a turbo on it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back