The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Oil light on/off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnie

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2012
San Diego, California
Hey guys I was wondering what would cause the check oil light to flicker on and off?

** Oil is full I always check it **

It comes on when I drive sometimes for like half a second it will flick on then turn off as it turns off.

Would something be lose for it to do that or a fuse or a wire?
:confused:

Hey guys I was wondering what would cause the check oil light to flicker on and off?

** Oil is full I always check it **

It comes on when I drive sometimes for like half a second it will flick on then turn off as it turns off.

Would something be lose for it to do that or a fuse or a wire?
:confused:

Well Oil pressure is usually [sending unit] ----- [ecu] ---- [dash], so something in there is going bad. Sending unit sends resistance to the ecu, so if that's not connecting right, that could be the issue, or you've got a short in the ecu to dash connection. As long as you actually have oil pressure, its more than likely an electrical problem, get out the multimeter and hunt around. You'll have to get the factory spec for the pressure sending unit and what resistance means what pressure.

Sounds like a bad wire or a connection, could be the sender i got a aftermarket one works great , clean your wiring up at the connector and check for grease and oil.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back