The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 420a no spark problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie420a

Probationary Member
Jan 12, 2020
Blue springs, Missouri
Alright so this is racking my brain good, I’ve recently replaced a heater core so I’ve had the whole dash board out and everything that comes along with it I was also in the process of doing a cylinder head so I’ve put the new head on and everything the problem is the car will crank over real quick but won’t get any spark now I’ve tried moving the battery from the trunk back up to the front cause I thought maybe it was a ground issue but that didn’t work and I’ve tried starting it whilst being jumped and tried another battery so I don’t think the problem is in the battery system. It literally gets no spark at all took one spark plug out and put it to a ground and it wouldn’t spark at all. Any ideas for why it’s not getting spark? Cause all my connectors are plugged in everything the same as the day I pulled it apart any ideas welcome just need to get this thing back on the road sorry for the long winded post.

[QUOTE="Aussie420a, post: 153755801, member: 170260"

Also the battery light won’t come on when I first turn the ignition I don’t know if this is related or not again any help would be highly appreciated thanks guys

So update I pulled a viper security system off that was tied into the ignition and I have been able to start the car since then so problem solved I knew it had to be something weird

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back