The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

400hp gs-t quarter mile time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saturdee

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2010
Duncannon, Pennsylvania
Simple question, just out of curiousity what do you guys think a 400hp gs-t would run in the 1/4 mile?

I'm brand new to all of this stuff, I'm 17 with a gs-t being my first car. I plan on reaching 400hp with this car, and yes I know it will take plenty of time but that's my goal. I know it won't be as good as awd obviously but I heard you can do things such as the having the right springs, having the front lowered a little more than the back, tires, dsmlink/ecmlink with two step, etc.

Thanks

Simple question, just out of curiousity what do you guys think a 400hp gs-t would run in the 1/4 mile?

I'm brand new to all of this stuff, I'm 17 with a gs-t being my first car. I plan on reaching 400hp with this car, and yes I know it will take plenty of time but that's my goal. I know it won't be as good as awd obviously but I heard you can do things such as the having the right springs, having the front lowered a little more than the back, tires, dsmlink/ecmlink with two step, etc.

Thanks

I remember when i got my gs-t and i was 17 and i thought running 1/4 mile would be fun. good luck finding traction.

If you can launch good and know how to drive the car with everything you posted I would say somewhere around 11.

I remember when i got my gs-t and i was 17 and i thought running 1/4 mile would be fun. good luck finding traction.

This is true. That's why I went straight for the GSX and spent a year and a half looking.

Good driver with good slicks, nice prep track and good weather. I would say low 12 to high ll's. FWD means.. traction kills!
I swore I just saw that bench racing thread pop out on the main page a while ago!!! LOL

He's young, just got the car, and he's excited. We've all been there. He's got the itch.

First thing you should learn: too many variables, including you and every other driver.

Its so funny, only the people who have never run good times complain about "bench racing". This really isn't bench racing. There are well known formulas for determining a car 1/4mile times and speed based on power and weight.

With a FWD, and no slicks expect high 12's low 13's, and trap speeds of 115-118mph. Put some slicks on it and you'll run high 11's low 12's with a decent 60'.

Personally, I went 11.85@121 on 460whp with a sucky 1.9 60' I am AWD, and weight 3350.

Alright thanks guys. Sorry for bench racing or whatever, I never even heard of that before... Like I said I'm new, just signed up to this less than a month ago, got my car a little over two months ago, and yeah I guess I'm excited LOL. So sorry, just was curious because hopefully sometime in the distant future I get 400hp on this car, well that's my goal at least, we'll see what happens.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back