The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

4 wire Coil-on-Plug wiring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madiedoa

Probationary Member
May 25, 2021
w.p.b, Florida
Has anyone done the 4 wire coil, i hear it eliminates the need for an ignitor?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Antilag Racing makes a 4 wire COP kit with 2010 Toyota Yaris COP's. I wish someone would give the wiring diagram to do a 4 wire. I am doing this conversion on my Mirage, but I am not paying for them to wire it. I will do that myself, but their COP plate is very nice that I will purchase.

So, Antilag Racing makes a 4 wire COP kit with 2010 Toyota Yaris COP's. I wish someone would give the wiring diagram to do a 4 wire. I am doing this conversion on my Mirage, but I am not paying for them to wire it. I will do that myself, but their COP plate is very nice that I will purchase.
Just follow the denso coil guide on Evom. It's a pretty simple wiring. All 4 coils have a dedicated 12v and dedicated ground, 1/4 trigger wire and 2/3 trigger wire are paired with their corresponding triggers on the connector, and then pair ONE tach output wire from cylinder 1/4 and 2/3 together for the tach output to make the factory tach work. If you put all 4 coils together on the tach output itll read 2x engine speed, so just wire 2 opposite coils together.

The best route for wiring is to bypass the factory coil connector and wire straight to the ignition module connector since you'll be bypassing the module with the 4 wire coils anyways.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back