The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

4 spider diff with vce?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
So just wondering if anyone has installed a vce with a 4 spider diff. I know it can cause the diff some stress and break if it's a stock diff. Just thinking about going to the dyno here sometime soon and get some pulls in but need it to be in fwd mode. So not sure if the same issue would still apply with a 4 spider diff. I certainly don't wanna be stressing the 4 spider diff too much by using it. Especially on the dyno for full throttle.

It will be fine on the dyno, I've done it numerous times with my own car.

Just disconnect your transfer case and zip tie up the drive shaft or take it off. Fwd mode engaged. It won't hurt the center diff.

Thanks for the replies. Just wanted to be sure. Didn't wanna put any unneeded stress on this 4 spider diff. And Kchaazz. Thanks for the info. Had no idea that they had an awd dyno over there ;) Had never even heard of that place before until now.

Car is pretty close to being complete but won't be ready that soon. Dang it. And if/when I go, I'll be taking it on a trailer. Would have to give someone some money to get me there on "their" trailer, but it'll be on a trailer. Lol.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back