The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

3rd and 5th gear locked out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
This happen all of a sudden. 3rd went in alittle notchy then i noticed 3rd went in like i wasnt pushing in the clutch same with 5th. 1st 2nd 4th R are fine no issues. 3rd and 5th now just dont go in. I can engage the gear with the car off, and if im sitting at idle car running, but i gotta do like 1st to 3rd or 2nd to 3rd and sometimes it goes right in. But most of the time it feels like im sitting there trying to push the gear in with the clutch no pressed when it is.

This is a built awd 91 trans, ptt twin disk which has been in the car, and has made more then acouple passes in the past 3 months with 0 issues

Yeah way ahead on that one. Like i said i havent had any problems. Im pretty sure i mushroomed 3rd gear syncro, 5th gear is another issue

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back