The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

3rd gear popping out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TODD DA HUSTLA

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2002
Scranton_Pa
my third gear keeps popping out..for some reason...could my tanny fluid be low? or is something seriouslt wrong?

My tranny has a real bad leak right now and im in the process of fixing it..mine, when low did the same thing and poped out of 3rd gear and when I filled it back up it didn't do it...then when it leaked out again it did it again so its a possibilty that your tranny fluid is low but, don't mark my word on it. Could be a number of reasons why its doing it.

yea i jus filled it up with the gear oil and i have no problem....do u know where ur leak is coming from?

The leak on my tanny is coming from the blehousing..we took it to the auto shop that installed my clutch and they put it up on the lift. The guy said the front seal on my transmission is #@%#@%#@%#@%ed and that its pouring gear oil over into my bellhouseing but, thats just a guess. The leak its self is coming from the bottom of the bellhousing right between the cover for it and the belhousing itself. So for me it could be anything. My freind and I are taking out my tranny and we are going to replace any seals or bearings that might look messed up. For your sake I hope its just the nut to drain your tranny is loose or something easily fixable LOL. But, if its leaking like #@%#@%#@%#@%, like mine is then it might be something inside the transmission. good luck.

Typically when a gear popps out on it's own.... it is due to a bent shift fork.

If it is popping out of gear you need to have your bearings changed. If your leaking gear oil around the bell housing it's your input shaft seal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back