The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

3065/ injector Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittay

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Hey, for those of you running the 3065, I would like to pick your brain :)

First off, what injectors are you running, and with that, what is the injecter duty cycle at?

Have any of you ran E85, if so, was it a mix with pump gas or straight? Like stated, before, what injectors and IDC?
Also, what psi, and any other info would be awesome

Not a 3065 but at the boost levels I've run my 3052 will perform pretty similar. At 25 psi, I saw around 85-88 IDC with my 750's on pump. If your going to push that 3065 on pump I'd be going with 1050's (which is what I just picked up). With E85 I believe they figure you need around 35% more fuel?

Thanks, that's pretty helpful.
It's around 30-35% more. I'm pretty familiar with the E85. I have been running it for about a year now.
On my DD I've been running 750s with the Evo316g. I had originally started with 50-50 on 650s at 60% IDC.

I'm trying to get an idea of what injectors people are running and the duty cycle. It seems like people try and get the largest injectors possible when it's not really necessary. :)

With a 3065 and E85, I'd be more concerned with your fuel pump. A walbro 255 is only going to support enough fuel theoretically for about 1000cc injectors. If you start running fairly high boost (greater than 20psi) that could start to drop even more. Factor in stock fuel lines and that could be even worse.

With a 3065 and E85, I'd be more concerned with your fuel pump. A walbro 255 is only going to support enough fuel theoretically for about 1000cc injectors. If you start running fairly high boost (greater than 20psi) that could start to drop even more. Factor in stock fuel lines and that could be even worse.

Never said I was going to be running the 255?
Oh, this is for a different car other then my dd I have in my profile.

On the dyno a customer car with a 3065 needed 1150s to max out the turbo we had 880s and hit 95% duty at only 25psi. This was on 100 octane pump.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back