The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

3000gt VR4 Front calipers on a 2g w 13" Rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95g-s-x

10+ Year Contributor
May 27, 2010
Warren, Maine
Took about 4 hrs to do including making the adapter brackets. Would have taken longer if I tapped the brackets, but I Was lazy and welded Grade 8 bolts to the brackets. I have 17" rims from a 350Z (front offset: +30mm, rear offset: +33mm) the car.... it is very tight, but everything clears. Here is the parts list of what I used.

Self made brackets (free)
03 Mustang Cobra Rotors (13")- new ($100)
92 VR4 Calipers - reman'd ($180)
92 VR4 Front Brake hose - new ($30)
2 ft of 3/16 Brake line (free)

And now for pics:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

A couple side notes for anyone who does this:

Brackets are made from 1/2" steel. No spacer required. Mount the adapter where the caliper bracket used to be, then mount the VR4 caliper to the back side of the adapter. I chose to weld on bolts, rather than tapping the adapter incase my holes weren't perfectly lined up. For this, I put the bolts thru the adapter and a nut on the other side, put it up to the knuckle to line up the bolts with the holes, tightened the nuts, then welded the bolts to the adapter.....same for the caliper.

The center hole on the rotor is bigger than the hub. I used tapered lug nuts to center the rotor, then drilled thru rotor and hub in 2 spots. Removed the rotors, tapped the hub, and countersunk the hole in the rotors so the tapered bolts were flush with the hat's surface.

I have Evo 8 calipers and rotors on the rear. Bolt on, on mod is removing the dust shield.

Pedal feel is great, and it stops on a dime.....HUGE difference over stock.

Last edited:
Brakes on a budget i love it! Nice work.

I needed pads and rotors all around, and my rear calipers were sticking. I have the bastard model with vented rear rotors, and the calipers are different. So I figured now would be the perfect time to upgrade. I actually think it worked out to be less upgrading than replaceing everything with stock stuff.

What did you do about the rotor's stud holes being larger than the wheel studs?

What did you do about the rotor's stud holes being larger than the wheel studs?

Nothing....the rotors are bolted to the hub....after centering it. There is no need to do anything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back