The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 3000gt vr4 diff in 1g dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
Does anyone happen to know what needs to be modified? I’m fully aware of the axles. Some people say it’s a bi*** getting the pumpkin to fit Inside the oem subframe ? Any help would be appreciated

i wanted to put the 6 speed diff in , ive heard it will fit with some modification. Was just wondering what it actually took

You must hack up the OEM sub frame to fit it in there. It does fit, the axles are the real bi***. You will have to install the pumpkin first then take measurements to get custom dss axles made which takes about 6 months to make. Their website lies about the VR 4 axle upgrade, ask me how i know.

do you have link for the axles or do we need to contact them directly for the axles?? thanks
It’s custom work, you have to contact them.

When you start racing cars you have to throw out the text message only and click a link mentality. Most of the world getting cool stuff done is still phone call or email based.

You must hack up the OEM sub frame to fit it in there. It does fit, the axles are the real bi***. You will have to install the pumpkin first then take measurements to get custom dss axles made which takes about 6 months to make. Their website lies about the VR 4 axle upgrade, ask me how i know.
I ordered the axles off the website and they fit? What issues did you have?

Just to keep sh** straight, and evo differential swap is no stronger than the stock dsm stuff. Unless you are road racing, there are very little gains to be had,
Yes, road racers don't do the Evo diff swap for strength, they do it more for better handling characteristics - more vehicle rotation in the turns, reducing the dreaded understeer without having to use massive swaybars and overly stiff springs. If you want a better road racing or autocrossing DSM, the Evo rear diff swap is awesome. If you're drag racing, it's probably not going to do much for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back