The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

3000GT 16x8 Wheels and Tire Sizes Q?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastwood95

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Youngstown, Ohio
Just bought some 97-99 3000gt 16x8s in good condition from a salvage yard and they came with tires on them in 215/55/16 and i slapped them on the front and they are really close to rubbing already...will dropping the profile to 40/45/50 allow me to run 225's? I currently have an all stock suspension and I'm starting on it (finally!) with wheels and tires.....any info is appreciated............

I read on vfaq that AWD can run 225/50's but it didnt say anything for FWD

You shouldn't have a problem with the 215/55/16's. They are pretty close to stock diameter.

I have the same wheels on my car now. Yes you can drop the profile to 50 series. I have 225/50/16s on now with spacers because I was getting some wear on the inside fronts. Also, beware of such wide tires if you ever plan on driving in the winter . . .

it did look like when i got some 225/50s on there that they would rub. Where did you get the spacers from? How much were they and what kind did you get? Cuz if I got those, I 'd really like to put 235 or 245's on the front....let me know...thanks

235s might be doable. The spacers fairly cheap $20 per pair. Other things you might want to consider are lugs with the longer shank. I wouldn't trust the stock lugnuts.

Sorry . . . forgot to mention that I got the spacers at my local (usually overpriced) performance shop.

I was able to fit 17x8.5 in TT wheels with 245 45 17s on my FWD with only minimal rubbing on a full lock turn. 225s should fit just cherry.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back