The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

$3.99 Manual boost controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiCrOz

Probationary Member
Dec 20, 2004
Cherry Hill, New_Jersey
My friend told me about someone on the 3si boards who made a manual boost controller out of an adjustable valve for fish tanks. So, I head over to walmart and asked the guy about it, and he directed me to petco where sure enough, we found one. They're called Gang Valves. So, I threw it on my car and sure enough, it works. I mean it's no Evolution RX or turboXS but for 3.99, it definately ain't bad.

Since it's not exactly made to hold so much pressure, I'd recommend making sure it's metal and not plastic. Also, they're not made for percise pressure adjustments, so finding the right setting might take a little while.

It's a bleed type valve instead of an actual boost controller. But yes, it does work if you live in a neighborhood with cardboard shacks, and find an advantage to a constant intake leak.

Here's their corporate office, and looky! It's the Head Engineer!

Attachments

• slumb.jpg
    slumb.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 546
Well, I only used it for a day because I bought a Evolution RX the next day. I didn't put it on for performance as much as to just see if it worked.

I built mine for around $10, and works great! Doesnt leak or anything. Most expensive part was buying the tap, and drill bit.

Luckily I have a good parts guy at the store. He is excited to see what kinda rigged part I'm building for my car next LOL. He just went into the parts section behind the counter and helped me piece something together outta misc parts that wasn't really being bought or needed. I built it for 1.00$ the price for a mt dew that I traded him for LOL ROFL . I wouldnt trust something from a fish tank especially if it is plastic because they are DEFINATELY not built for high psi. Anyways nice find, grab a few and sell them on ebay to the HONDUHS :sneaky: :tease: LOL

Defiant said:
It's a bleed type valve instead of an actual boost controller. But yes, it does work if you live in a neighborhood with cardboard shacks, and find an advantage to a constant intake leak.

Here's their corporate office, and looky! It's the Head Engineer!

ROFL

http://www.boostcontroller.com/

Joe P MBC, 50 bucks....

I really dont like my Joe P. MBC i get boost spikes ect. How good is the hallman mbc?

Iv never had any problems with any of my hallmans. I have had 2 of the classic style, one on my old gst and one on my 95 tsi. And the hallman dual mbc (low and high boost) and never had a problem with any of the 3.

3.99 OMG THAT'S OUTRAGOUS!! i made mine for 1.99 @ lowes ROFL been hasn't leaked, works great, best 1.99 i've ever spent :p :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back