The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

joe p manual boost controller fix????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotgrip666

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2005
middletown, New_York
i get my car my car from dogbox and im driving on the highway home, and i noticed when i went to check how much i was boosting it was peaking over 25, so i go to turn it down and there is no screw on the boost controller anymore,, is there any fix for this or do i need to buy a new mbc

Go to Ace hardware or any hardware store, and find the thread pitch of your controller. In the area with the nuts and bolts they will ball bearings of certain size and springs.

Also they should have something that can thread into the controller. Make sure you pick up a nut to put on your new top, to lock it into place. They usually have some kind of studs with plastic wheels on an end, or something.

Now you want a spring that isnt too stiff or too weak. You might have to buy a couple. Once you've made a few, you just know. But buy the few that fit in there nice. Might have to cut it to make smaller, or strech it a little. But don't strech it to where you loose the springiness. The spring should sit in there where it touches the part that threads in, when its backed out most of the way.

I started a new thread in turbo system tech, about putting" new stainless LEAKPROOF lines", instead of hoses, and I also changed my MBC fittings with AN ones. Even though my MBC is Hallman, I am pretty sure fitting sizes are may be the same. Just atke a look there it might help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back