The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2nd to 3rd Shifting Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teklein

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2004
Simpsonville, South_Carolina
Hey all, whats up?

Whenever I run my lil 1.8 hard, and shift the car quick at high RPM, i can from 1st to 2nd no problem, when I go from 2nd to 3rd, I almost always grind. I can go from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th no problem, its only 3rd.

Could this be a syncro or whatnot? what could be the problem here? LOL, its a bit annoying, have been killed by quite a few slow cars due to 3rd grinding. Its not my shifting, I had a TRD corolla before this car, and I could shift it fine.

Thanks all!

i had a problem shift but on a stock clutch. MR. BIG SHOT camaro ss was in the left lane and saw me trying to merge left and would let me over so i dropped the hammer and got him 1st 2nd 3rd but going into 4th it felt like i hit a wall so i forced into gear:thumbdown went into second and bent alot of valves.:mad: $150 down the drain

i mean wouldn't let me over.... no bump just correction

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back