The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2ga to 2gb Talon front bumper cover install fitment issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1greyawdtsi

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle, Washington
Hi. I’ve researched most of the front bumper conversion topics and haven’t found any helpful threads.
I’m having a fitment issue Installing a 2gb Talon front bumper cover on my 2ga talon. Today I got the bumper cover trimmed to fit my VRSF Intercooler. Then after getting it in place and after mounting the front bolts, I went to the sides to mount it at the front fenders and screw it down. Turns out even pulling on it hard that it is about an inch short of lining up correctly on each fender.
I had to quit for the day and won’t be able to get back to it until tomorrow after work.
I’m thinking I may have to remove the foam insert between the fiberglass crash bar and inside of the bumper to get a better fit (which seems odd)?
I had read many threads that this front bumper swap was a direct fit and no issues (even with the headlights).
Anyone have any tips - maybe I’m missing something? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
I have done this conversion. Not sure why your having this hard of a time. The front ends are the same. I am not running the foam insert. However I did have it on during my initial conversion. Try and get under the car and see if you can feel what's binding. Sometimes the mounting points can be bent or kinked just enough. Try and get some pictures if you can. Try and see if it fits without the foam and start and rule stuff out like that.

I'm running the foam piece and that should not affect fitment. Something else is stopping you. Either the bumper isn't trimmed enough or something else aftermarket is in the way or bent as stated above.

Pics would help
This.
On all my DSMs (all of which were 2gb), when I put in a front-mount, I had to delete the crash-bar and foam. My guess would be that foam/crash bar is pushing on the bumper. Although, it's impossible to tell without pics. Since you still have crash bar, foam, and intercooler, you're probably going to be trimming the bumper more.

Sounds like the bumper isn't trimmed enough to fit the intercooler. Can you see it hitting anywhere? I've had to fix this on a few customers cars where they didn't trim enough in an attempt to get the bumper to fit tightly against the core, but there's enough pressure on the core to prevent the ends from pulling into line. Crash bar and foam insert won't effect that at all as they're both used with or without an intercooler.

Resolved. I’ll post a picture with the foam inner bumper cover lining. So I removed this white foam piece and the front bumper lined up and fit perfectly. I was able to keep my trimmed/cut fiberglass crash bar.
It looks like with the large and depressed Eagle logo indented area on the center front bumper - it pushed the cover out about an inch and created the fitment issue. Anyway It took 15 years but I finally got a black 2gb talon front bumper on my talon . Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 47882240-061B-4BD0-8EBE-C1EA58B023D7.jpeg
    47882240-061B-4BD0-8EBE-C1EA58B023D7.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 42
Here is a better pic.

Attachments

• C8FB3343-02C9-4B83-80F1-879F74806743.jpeg
    C8FB3343-02C9-4B83-80F1-879F74806743.jpeg
    774.8 KB · Views: 44
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back