The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2gb eclipse with 2gb talon front bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazndrew04

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
So i have the 2gb eclipse gst. Im looking at swaping out my front bumper for the talon 2gb aggresive looking front bumper. Is there any difference in the way they mount up? Does the talon front bumper sit lower than the 2gb front bumper on an eclipse or do the sit at the same height from the ground? Im also looking at the 2ga talon sideskirts but I dont think those will mount right up like the 2gb talon bumper does. Correct me if im wrong. Plus with the 2gb eclipse doors I dont think it would look the same, since the 2ga talon side skirts are the twisty sideskirts and the 2gb eclipse sideskirts are more straight I guess you could say. Sorry for this being so long, just wanna make sure I get some knowledge before I get into this and things dont line up like I think they will. Any help would be great or even pictures.

N, they bolt up exactly the same. You will need 2Ga/Talon headlights or there will be a gap between the headlights and the bumper. Yes it will sit at about the same height. 2Ga side skirts is a good idea, those will fit right up if your Eclipse has side skirts from the factory. The doors are exactly the same.

i cant post what link i wanna so ill just buy the 2ga sideskirts. who sells the 2ga talon sideskirts? any of the supporting vendors? ive looked at maperformance,dsmgraveyard,ebay. i dont think the dealership could get them,plus i dont know the part #. im getting the front bumper from thedsmgraveyard they seem to have the cheapest price for them. lmk thanks

If you are looking for 2ga talon TURBO skirts.. Good luck!

They are nearly impossible to find. Only the turbo cars had skirts too. The ESi did not. If you are wanting to do the 2gb talon bumper then get the 2ga headlights from eclipse or talon. IMO the 2gb bumper looks best with no sideskirts. Have the holes filled in and go with the shaved look...

well maybe ill be the lucky one to find sideskirts LOL. im looking at changing out the back of the 2ga headlights with the 2gb back part of the headlight. ive read that it isnt that hard to do

Should bolt right up. I converted mine to the eclipse front end. No problems. Like they said you will need the headlights.
I love my side skirts ;) LOL

If you want an idea of exactly how the 2gb talon front and 2ga twisty skirts look on a 2gb eclipse, check out gofers gallery. He has gone through pretty much every combo of front ends and skirts you can do on a 2g LOL. Also has great pics of wingless as well fwiw.

well maybe ill be the lucky one to find sideskirts LOL. im looking at changing out the back of the 2ga headlights with the 2gb back part of the headlight. ive read that it isnt that hard to do

I would NOT hack a set of 2gb headlights to try it. Just buy a set of 2ga and paint the inner housing with some ultra flat black paint. Same effect and you arent ruining a set of 2gb lights! They are not cheap to replace

I have 2 set of 2ga talon side skirt in my garage so I don't think it's rare item. Too bad your not near by, I could've hook you up.

who has the 2ga turbo talon sideskirts... ahhh i want those

i think the 2gb talon front bumper is the best bumper that came on the dsms

how much are you looking to spend on the sideskirst?? there was a complete talon at the junkyard locally a like a month ago. annd sense DSMs arnt popular here in the area it might still be there. Ill go check tomorrow. :thumb:

i hate living in the midwest everyone that has the bumper and sideskirts is on the west or eastcoast FML. i think i know who your talking about black widow97. and i think ill just pick up a set of 2ga headlights from the junkyard. dont wanna spend too much on them. ill keep an eye out in the classifids also.

Last edited:
Please don't let this thread turn into a WTB ad or I'll have to close it, thats why we have a classified section on the site. Keep the discussion technical, regarding information about what needs to be done to do the swap, etc.

:dsm:

some guy has a set of 2ga sideskirts,but doesnt have the door cap for the drivers side. does anyone have the part number or a place where i can buy the door caps at? thanks

are they called door end caps? or sideskirt end caps? would it look funny if i didnt use them. or since the sideskirts are going to be black could i use the door caps that are on my 2gb eclipse with the 2ga talon sideskirts?

Please don't let this thread turn into a WTB ad or I'll have to close it, thats why we have a classified section on the site. Keep the discussion technical, regarding information about what needs to be done to do the swap, etc.

:dsm:

what does WTB stand for and was it directed at me?

anyways, I saw an aftermarket replica on ebay for the OEM twisty sideskirts. Ill see if I can find them again and put the link on here.

well I couldn't find that other one. but heres a nother one I found similar to the stock just more aggressive LOL but the twistyness is there :D
95-99 Eclipse/Talon Vice Side Skirts BODY KIT JDM - eBay (item 350354494509 end time Mar-10-11 20:30:41 PST)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back