The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Solid Crossmember bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengoblin

Supporting Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
McKinney, Texas
My neighbor and I just finished up these bushing for the rear cross member . They replace the bushing that connect the rear cross member to the body of the car. I should have some installed pics very soon. Next we will be making some for the front cross member.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Yes please do cause I know many that would like to see them. Are they for the FWD or AWD? Thought I had better ask since you know someone is going to ask.

Yes please do cause I know many that would like to see them. Are they for the FWD or AWD? Thought I had better ask since you know someone is going to ask.

They are for AWD unit.

Do you happen to mean solid motor mounts?

No, rear crossmember. Poorly drawn red arrow show the bushing the solid units replace. :)

I believe you mean subframe then ;)

There is only one crossmember and it runs from the radiator support back the car and has the front motor mount bolted to it.

Look in your FSM (under rear suspension 17-3) and you will see that it is clearly a crossmember. ;) There are actually two of them one in the front and one the rear of the car and are commonly miss called subframes. What you are talking about is the center member. You'll find that on page 2a-10

Here you go for the rear.

Subframe is the correct terminology. FSM and mitshibishi calls parts some stupid names sometimes. Either way, nice job.

James :dsm::talon::laser:

What do the OEM ones look like?

Metal shell and sleeve with a vulcanized rubber between them. Then a top washer with rubber on the bottom side. Then a bottom washer with rubber on the top.

Let us know how much noise these make. Im curious.

My guess is loud. On this car it will not matter though.

I would like to see a urethane inserted aluminum sleeve, like the new rear diff bushings.

That would be nice. You would also need the upper spacer to have urethane insulating it from the car and quite likley the lower one too like the factory unit .

Kevin

damn it, quit teasing, and make some for us too!! I would be in for a front and rear set. really.

damn it, quit teasing, and make some for us too!! I would be in for a front and rear set. really.

I going to give the specs to Jay racing I think and have him turn them out for peeps.

It took about 14hours to make these four bushing on the small manual lathe my neighbor has. They would cost way to much if I made them this way to sell.

Kevin

I going to give the specs to Jay racing I think and have him turn them out for peeps.

It took about 14hours to make these four bushing on the small manual lathe my neighbor has. They would cost way to much if I made them this way to sell.

Kevin

Cool, I am gathering parts for this winter. I'm doing the dif bushings and most of my other bushings, mounts etc are shot . Want to do it all at once.

Cool, I am gathering parts for this winter. I'm doing the dif bushings and most of my other bushings, mounts etc are shot . Want to do it all at once.

Just want to let you know I sent the specs and drawings of the bushings over to Jay. Hopefully he'll make them.

Kevin

Good lathe work. I am also curious how much more vibration this will add. Are the rear diff bushings still OEM?

I don't suppose you weighed the rear subframe when it was out? I am curious how much it weighs. Seems overly heavy from the looks of it. (Wondering if it would be worth it to build a space frame to replace it)

Good lathe work. I am also curious how much more vibration this will add. Are the rear diff bushings still OEM?

I don't suppose you weighed the rear subframe when it was out? I am curious how much it weighs. Seems overly heavy from the looks of it. (Wondering if it would be worth it to build a space frame to replace it)

I will have soild diff bushings. I'm sure it will be loud as hell. However this car is only a fun time car so I don't care.

I'd say it about 35-38 lbs. I'll weigh it when I get ready to powder coat it.

Kevin

Looks good. I would be interested in a front sent. I already had some similar rears made.

i want the rears and the fronts. i like solid aluminum. simple and satisfying. i will then have myself solid motor mounts, solid rear diff bushings, solid subframe bushings and crossmember bushings. what else is there? i want it. LOL... i want my car to be SOLID.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back