The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G rear tailgate thermo formed poly-carbonate window (1 window)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm going to have to make frames, I paid for bracketry, and it was comical, a couple support rods won't do squat, especially on carbon doors.
Did you get the 4 or 5mm version? The strength should be good vs mine as mine are straight so have alot more tension. Many others here with proper formed windows just use rods and they seem to hold well if the base is strong enough. Without them having a car to mock against brackets would of been tricky for them to make right. Pm me what you was roughly after and maybe i can draw something up for them to offer as part of a bracket system.

Well, I need a frame similar to how you have yours, then will need to triangulate it to reinforce, then likely will need to use a window latch as well. My doors are carbon/kevlar from Sergio, there are no additional supports inside the door, and I'll have to epoxy in retaining sleeves for the window bracket rods to slide into.

Well, I need a frame similar to how you have yours, then will need to triangulate it to reinforce, then likely will need to use a window latch as well. My doors are carbon/kevlar from Sergio, there are no additional supports inside the door, and I'll have to epoxy in retaining sleeves for the window bracket rods to slide into.
Window latch mght be more then you need, as long as you can have a solid base and no flex your windows dont pry out at speeds due to the pressure outside.

Just spread the base wide on the doors and im sure with the curve of the top section it will be enough to be strong for the frame then.

Window latch mght be more then you need, as long as you can have a solid base and no flex your windows dont pry out at speeds due to the pressure outside.

Just spread the base wide on the doors and im sure with the curve of the top section it will be enough to be strong for the frame then.
Well, when you are doing 170mph and lose a window it doesn't do good for safety to myself, or to others on a track. I would run a latch.

Well, when you are doing 170mph and lose a window it doesn't do good for safety to myself, or to others on a track. I would run a latch.
I not gone to 170. Might not ever get that high. Best i done currently is 130. I dont know much about drag racing and what they do for rules and regs.

I not gone to 170. Might not ever get that high. Best i done currently is 130. I dont know much about drag racing and what they do for rules and regs.
Well, I have seen plenty of windows go bye bye on the track, and its bad news when things go flying off from a safety standpoint to yourself, the racer next to you, spectators / staff / property.

In the case of a stock door using these windows, I'm sure they would be fine since you are using the window tracks. With the carbon doors, there are no supports for the window regulator assembly so you would have to slip in the posts into sleeves and then mount support bracketry so it isn't floppy, and then ideally the window latch on top to keep it sealed well.

2G's just suck for not having an actual window frame on the door unfortunately when it comes to aftermarket doors.

I need to find a solution like this - https://timmcamis.com/shop/bent-window-frame-kits.html

And then a latch kit like this - https://timmcamis.com/shop/upper-door-latch-kit.html

Well, I have seen plenty of windows go bye bye on the track, and its bad news when things go flying off from a safety standpoint to yourself, the racer next to you, spectators / staff / property.

In the case of a stock door using these windows, I'm sure they would be fine since you are using the window tracks. With the carbon doors, there are no supports for the window regulator assembly so you would have to slip in the posts into sleeves and then mount support bracketry so it isn't floppy, and then ideally the window latch on top to keep it sealed well.

2G's just suck for not having an actual window frame on the door unfortunately when it comes to aftermarket doors.

I need to find a solution like this - https://timmcamis.com/shop/bent-window-frame-kits.html

And then a latch kit like this - https://timmcamis.com/shop/upper-door-latch-kit.html
yeah something like that is good and i see the latches now, i have seen them on a few drag cars before and i understand their purpose so defiantly good to use them.

its as simple as bar and some tabs overall. well i say simple as thats the easy bit due to our door design / glass shape,

thats all i did on mine. it was fiddly getting the curve in the right spots as since its curves outwards at the same time and arcs over also its double the bending and then coming down was fun, 1 side was fine, trying to replicate it perfectly the other side was tough!

Still available I definitely would want the hard coat
Yes. Just send them an email for your shipping quote and they will take care of it all for you

Bumping this thread as I’m just placing an order for the rear. Great customer service so far.

Just wanted to know the consensus if people went with the 4mm or 5mm for the rear hatch? My car will be mainly driven on the street in Canada. Will be putting this in a carbon hatch.

Thanks

Bumping this thread as I’m just placing an order for the rear. Great customer service so far.

Just wanted to know the consensus if people went with the 4mm or 5mm for the rear hatch? My car will be mainly driven on the street in Canada. Will be putting this in a carbon hatch.

Thanks
4mm is fine for most. 5mm is just more for safety FIA regulations or rally use. Most of us if not ALL are on 4mm. Dont forget if its going to be washed alot then opt for the hard coat to prevent scratches

Appreciate it. Going to go with the 4mm

Is there any companies still doing the carbon hatches other then carbonetics right now. Seems like a great combo to have these windows in a carbon hatch

Appreciate it. Going to go with the 4mm

Is there any companies still doing the carbon hatches other then carbonetics right now. Seems like a great combo to have these windows in a carbon hatch
None that i know of. Sorry on the hatch side of things

Thanks but they said they wouldn’t ship to Canada
Thats odd as i have had a few Canada orders go through. Maybe the shipping rates are high at the moment for you. Canada always costs more generally.

Thanks but they said they wouldn’t ship to Canada
I don't know if you're interested or not, but I might sell my VIZ Racing carbon fiber hatch. It's still brand new, I haven't put it on my car yet cause I'm still building it. I haven't drilled any holes or anything, all I've done is unwrap it to check it out. I'm still not sure if I wanna keep this one or get the Carbonetics rear hatch because I konda want to keep the original high kick spoiler on my GSX, and that might look funky with the Carbonetics hatch! I'm sure the shipping would cost a bit.....but I wouldn't ask full price on the hatch if I sold it obviously, so it might be within your price range if you're interested. Just let me know if you are and we will go from there!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back