The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Flex-a-lite custom molded speedglass back-half kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabytech

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2007
Daytona, Florida
FAL custom molded speedglass prototypes been test fitted before custom order gets shipped...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

These windows are molded to original factory size and shape, and install identical to original glass. Back-half kits include the rear quarter windows and the rear deck window. More durable than Lexan, minor scratches can be easily reduced or eliminated. All windows feature 2" black borders with the FAL logo that bonds to adhesive. Mounting and care instructions provided.

How much are the kits ?

It was a custom order and all 10 kits are accounted for. Probably since FAL did the mold for this custom order, in the near future they will retail them...

Last edited:
If no one else does I ll let you all know when the windows are pulled, and the new ones arrive. My rear glass is in a different CF hatch and the hatch weighs a hell of alot more with it in. Wouldnt be suprised if almost 15 lbs for the rear window. New setup should weigh little enough to lift with a finger or 2.

Going to bolt the glass with flush-mount allen bolts, just need to take my time and triple measure everything and be extra careful. To be able to mount the locknuts underneath for the flush-mount allen bolts the underside of the hatch needs to slightly modified...

OEM hatch/2GA spoiler/glass weight: 72 lbs.
Carbon fiber hatch/FAL speedglass weight: 38lbs

Weight reduction: 34lbs

any reason in particular your bolting rather than gluing? We can use glue on these cant we?

Certain sealants are flamable and burn fast, the reason why sealants arent used in race cars.

Very nice product and looks great. But would weight loss be better up front? if i remember correctly DSMs are like 60-40 front to rear weight distribution. so wouldn't weight loss in the back be worse for handling? just curious.

Since when do you need a drag car to have good handling? LOL

You're correct, most of the weight in a DSM is up front. This user is building a RWD though, so he'll have a lot of weight added in the back. Plus, getting rid of any weight is better than not doing it. You just may have to think about shifting some weight around once you get it on the scales.

The FAL glass looks great in that hatch! Too bad plexiglass would put me into some ridiculous unlimited class or I'd consider it for the weight loss.

Since when do you need a drag car to have good handling? LOL

You're correct, most of the weight in a DSM is up front. This user is building a RWD though, so he'll have a lot of weight added in the back. Plus, getting rid of any weight is better than not doing it. You just may have to think about shifting some weight around once you get it on the scales.

The FAL glass looks great in that hatch! Too bad plexiglass would put me into some ridiculous unlimited class or I'd consider it for the weight loss.

Guess i didn't realize his car was for drag racing only :coy:.

Thanks for sharing the build thread. The 9in. rear end + 25.1 roll cage will add significant amount of weight, so I'll go my ways to remove as much weight as possible. Weight reduction is the most expensive part of a race car since composite parts and lightweight engine/accessories parts are NOT cheap. This build is a track only drag car and will be race at the Xtreme Stock Chassis class.

Last edited:
Installed using Percy's flush mount allen screws.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back