The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 2g Camshaft Sensor Positioning Cylinder Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lars y

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2007
Halden, Europe
hey
im installing the cam angle sensor but i dont know which way to put it, it can go either way 180 degrees, and the two 'fins' on the rotating part has different sizes.

I searched and read (if i didnt misunderstand) that theres supposed to be an indent on the fin and on the housing, but i cant see any indents or marks at all.

The engine is now at TDC.

Thanks

Attachments

• 15082010138.jpg
    15082010138.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3,702
  • 15082010142.jpg
    15082010142.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,070
Thanks for the response fellas I didn’t think to put at tdc before removal. The threads stripped out on the sensor portion. I don’t really see paint mark could this be it sorry don’t have the part right in front of me. Also if yo dowel pins on the cam gears point up, it’s at tdc correct!

If you look at the link/pictures above and also look at the unit in your hand, you'll notice that the two tall, outer sections are actually different lengths (the one at the top of your picture is shorter than the one at the bottom). If you compare it to the pictures above, you'll notice the paint mark is on the left side of the short section. I'd clean up your part as best as possible and put a new paint mark on it for future reference.

img_7747-jpg.91778

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back