The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

24,24.5,26,28. What size slicks to fit on a AWD ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There's no way that the QTP's weigh 17.8lbs each! I have a set, and they are stupid light! I'm pretty sure when I ordered them the lable said 15lbs for two!
I was thinking the same thing, but Hoosiers website comfirms they're indeed 17 lbs each: Hoosier Tire

My wheels weigh 9.7 lbs. each and I could have sworn the wheel/tire combo was around 20 lbs... But I guess not.

Actually, hoosier lists them at 18lb for the 26x9.5x16" LT Quick Time Pro bias ply

17431 26x 9.50-16LT D 8.0" 26.1" 82.0" 6-8" 8" 9.3" 18lb Quick Time Pro

put them on a scale and find out for yourself if you don't believe me. My scale reads in #'s, not degree's of "stupid light". I stand by my measurements that the hoosiers I had were nearly 18lb each and the MT and M&H tires I also have on hand are significantly lighter.

WOW, calm down, no need to get lippy with me! That is awesome you're scales reads #s, just awesome!:boring:

What wheels do you have Paul? Those are crazy light. Obviously sizing depends on your goals and setup. Seems most of the smaller turbo guys used to run the 24.5x8x15's while the larger turbo higher rpm guys were running 26" tall slicks. I'm sure there's some crazy math out there to figure out the exact best size depending on your setup/rpms/gear ratios. :D

WOW Paul, that looks bad ass!!! That thing looks sick with those wheels and tires! very nice

Those do look sick! I'm pretty sure they're hard to find for our cars aren't they? Something about only making that size/bolt patter for a certain time. Or is that only the 15" ones?

Sorry for the off-topic

Other then weight has anyone seen any benefits between Hoosier, MT's, M&H, etc? After comparing more then one of course.

I have Motegi somethings on my car, but would like to get a set like yours sometime in the near future! I don't have a "fancy scale that reads #s" but mine feel stupid light.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Im on 26's with the auto and trapping at 167mph I was around 9600 ish maybe 9700. Im still not out of gear with room to grow a bit. We have done testing on my car shifting over 10500, but to be honest it made no difference at all. I do plan on breaking the the 170 mph barrier this year so we'll see where that lands us.

Im on 26's with the auto and trapping at 167mph I was around 9600 ish maybe 9700. Im still not out of gear with room to grow a bit. We have done testing on my car shifting over 10500, but to be honest it made no difference at all. I do plan on breaking the the 170 mph barrier this year so we'll see where that lands us.

That’s not the run of the mill setup there! Sounds like a blast! Although most of us aren’t working with 10k redline and 160+ trap speeds. The same rules still apply. If you are shifting from a 1.00 3rd gear into a .68 4th gear your going to drop a top of rpm and for most of us this will drop the motor out of peak power/rpm. Avoiding that 3rd to 4th shift can make a big improvement on ET’s.

1st = 2.551
2nd = 1.488
3rd = 1.000
4th = 0.685

Sounds good Jeff, Darrens car came off the dyno last night with 710whp on our cheapo E-85 motor, hitting the track this weekend to test it and just freaking race after a year off! The bad boy methanol bullet will go in soon and we will see where that gets us. More to come! :hellyeah:

With my 26" at 140mph, I'm in the red of my stock rpm gauge, right around 7200rpms when I cross the line. But dsmlink shows 6950 as the highest i rev too in 4th gear!

Sounds good Jeff, Darrens car came off the dyno last night with 710whp on our cheapo E-85 motor, hitting the track this weekend to test it and just freaking race after a year off! The bad boy methanol bullet will go in soon and we will see where that gets us. More to come! :hellyeah:

Good luck on your passes, good or bad keep us updated. But lets try not to disturb other peoples threads on a completely different topic.

They're Motegi Trak-lites. They saved me around 12 lbs per corner from my Racing Harts. :hellyeah:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Got the same set up!:thumb: I got a sweet deal on them thru one of my buddies. I just saw online they list for $330 each.

So 27/10 15's will be a problem because they are too wide? 1g gsx, sorry for beating a dead horse.

Yeah I think that's a lot of tire. Right now I'm running 26x9.6 16 QTP's on a stock rim, and they fit pretty good but can rub during suspension travel. 10 wide's will need more offset, coil-overs and probably still rub. They do look mean with that much tire though.

Yeah I think that's a lot of tire. Right now I'm running 26x9.6 16 QTP's on a stock rim, and they fit pretty good but can rub during suspension travel. 10 wide's will need more offset, coil-overs and probably still rub. They do look mean with that much tire though.
stock rim like the gst wheels? you have any spacer im planning on getting some qtp for my fwd set up

I had them on a set of 99 gs OZ F1 wheels. 16x6 +46, no spacer. They were tight to the strut(coilover) and to the fender, but I'm a 1g. When I first got them I had them on some 16x7.5 +32 K1's, and they got cut by the fender on the first drive.

Anyway on a 1g, which is all the experience I have. There are 2 issues limiting the width of tires if you don't want them to stick out ( I hate that) 1. lack of +45 on up wheels, especisally in 15's. 2. If you can fine a wheel with enough offset to get the tire under the fender you start to run out of Inner strut clearance to sidewall.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back