The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please don't bring a mustang to the Shootout man.

Dude, I have been to the shootout 7 times now (01, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, and now 12) and I have never been able to bring my DSM. At the present time, I have about 30 miles on the car since I got it put back together and the brakes feel like total dogshit (barely work, pulls hard left when I press them hard enough to work, and the pedal is stiff as balls.)

I really dont feel like driving it 200 miles to break down half way there. The Mustang is completely reliable. I bought this DSM in February with the intention of tossing in a fuel pump and driving it. It has been SOOO much more work than that due to a bunch of idiots that owned it before me.

So, it looks like the mustang is coming whether I want it to or not. Unless, I miraculously get the brakes in 100% working condition within the next day or 2. My DSM is what I love, but the majority of the time, my Mustang is what I drive, no matter how slow it is.

If you do the maintenance you won't break down man trust me on this, last year I drove my 100,000+ miled Galant VR4 all the way from Cali to the shootout and back with no problems. This year I'll be driving a total of 2548 miles there and back as opposed to last years 4630 I drove.

I wish I was there so I could sell you Some brake parts with my parts discount that way you can bring your DSM. But I guess bringing that mustang will be fun for all the other DSM's to play with =)

If you do the maintenance you won't break down man trust me on this, last year I drove my 100,000+ miled Galant VR4 all the way from Cali to the shootout and back with no problems. This year I'll be driving a total of 2548 miles there and back as opposed to last years 4630 I drove.

I wish I was there so I could sell you Some brake parts with my parts discount that way you can bring your DSM. But I guess bringing that mustang will be fun for all the other DSM's to play with =)

All the maintenance items are now done (tbelt, plugs, wires, recharged the k&n, oil, coolant, and trans/diff fluids all changed), its just the little intangibles that I need to figure out now (like the brakes barely stopping the car). I THINK it is going to just end up being that the caliper slide pins need greased and everything will be ok. I just dont trust it right now. Other than that it runs fine. I think I need to get some fresh gasoline in it as it knocks pretty badly under any significant amount of boost (like more than 4 lbs LOL), but I need to find a way to drain 10+ gallons of gasoline (idiots parked it with almost a full tank). And the gas gauge does not move off of empty at the present time. I think my sending unit is kaput.

Believe me I want to bring it more than you even remotely know, but I don't think the wife wants me to (it doesn't have a radio, and she dosen't quite appreciate the sound of a 4g63, and a whining wally 255 the way I do).

I have another 2 weeks to get this bish figured out, but I am not counting on bringing it at this time, but if I have an breakthrough, you can bet your ass it is going to be there (even though the paint is garbage and it's slow as balls):thumb:

I think I need to get some fresh gasoline in it as it knocks pretty badly under any significant amount of boost (like more than 4 lbs LOL), but I need to find a way to drain 10+ gallons of gasoline (idiots parked it with almost a full tank).

That's easy.... :) There's a drain plug you can pull to drain the fuel tank right on the bottom.;)

Attachments

• FUEL TANK.jpg
    FUEL TANK.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 72
If the mustang is the only thing that will get you there... then the mustang is should be !

All the maintenance items are now done (tbelt, plugs, wires, recharged the k&n, oil, coolant, and trans/diff fluids all changed), its just the little intangibles that I need to figure out now (like the brakes barely stopping the car). I THINK it is going to just end up being that the caliper slide pins need greased and everything will be ok. I just dont trust it right now. Other than that it runs fine. I think I need to get some fresh gasoline in it as it knocks pretty badly under any significant amount of boost (like more than 4 lbs LOL), but I need to find a way to drain 10+ gallons of gasoline (idiots parked it with almost a full tank). And the gas gauge does not move off of empty at the present time. I think my sending unit is kaput.

Believe me I want to bring it more than you even remotely know, but I don't think the wife wants me to (it doesn't have a radio, and she dosen't quite appreciate the sound of a 4g63, and a whining wally 255 the way I do).

I have another 2 weeks to get this bish figured out, but I am not counting on bringing it at this time, but if I have an breakthrough, you can bet your ass it is going to be there (even though the paint is garbage and it's slow as balls):thumb:

I say go get you a set of calipers from vatozone or oreally?'s and change your fuel filter while your at it aswell. As for the tank, drain it from the bottom like Gravedigger pointed out. As for the radio, well something as petty as that could be as cheap as 45 bucks. Goodluck =)

I really don't want it to have a radio LOL. It is much more of a toy than anything else. (no radio because racecar?)

I know about the drain plug in the tank, and I will be replacing the filter as well when I do end up draining it, but I don't have enough gas cans for 10+ gallons of gasoline LOL. I was initially going to drive it out, but i am beginning to think its just not worth the risk of screwing something up.

I am going to give it a shot to get it ready.... who knows? If it works out right it might just make it.

Not sure how many of you are on Facebook but we keep that updated more than anyting else. There is also a Shootout page on there we update. Today we posted pics of the trophies we made custom and the souvenir bags, which took 7 of us nearly 4 hours to pack with the stuff that went in them.

The trophies are DSM/EVO pistons/rods that we powder coated Gold, Silver and Bronze and then had custom plaques made that got glued to the big end of the rod, the place you got shows through the big end hole, coolest trophy we've ever done.

The bags all have these main ingredients:
Buschur Racing 5% off plus free shipping on orders over $250
Forced Performance 5% off.
DEI 10% off.
Summit Motorsports Park 20% off.
LMR sponsorship/discounts.
Wiseco piston/rod key chain.
JM Fab bottle opener.
ECM Tuning bottle opener.
Buschur Racing 20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout window decal.

Then from there many vendors couldn't count to 1,000 so we ran out of a lot of stuff but here is some of the other things you may find in a souvenir bag:
Royal Purple decal
Royal Purple bag
Mishimoto sticker
Mishimotor brochure
Kelford Cam lanyard
Wiseco sticker
T1 Automotive sticker
Various random new Mitsubishi auto parts, yes, actual auto parts! We had a blast putting this stuff in the bags. How about a new 3000GT water pump?!

Also included in every bag:

For the week of the Shootout only with the code provided by FIC for the Shootout, you get 10% of EVERYTHING they sell.

Also stop by the FIC booth at the track and register to win one free set of injectors they will be giving away for the race!

Last edited by a moderator:
I GOTS to get me one of these, if not JUST for the decal. I have a BLAST every year at this event, and I plan to attend every year until you stop putting it on Dave.

Thanks in advance.

(I can find a use for a 3000GT water pump LOL)

Maybe I missed the boat on this one. Are they having camping at the track still and are they having it on friday night? For 12 dollars race or watch I think its worth going. Although I want to be there for the bonfire and im bringing my friday cup. Im so torn on this one haha. Either way Ill probably be crashing out in Daves field. You are the man. I only wanted to pay for one hotel night just to get cleaned up and what not.

Last edited:
Looks like ANOTHER friend flaked out right at the last minute LOL dontcha just love how they do that. So because of this I will now making this 22+ hour drive alone, wish me luck. Also I originally had room with two beds booked and it's too late to change that now so if anyone wants to split that your more then welcome to. Either way I'm still gonna stay in the room.

Maybe I missed the boat on this one. Are they having camping at the track still and are they having it on friday night? For 12 dollars race or watch I think its worth going. Although I want to be there for the bonfire and im bringing my friday cup. Im so torn on this one haha. Either way Ill probably be crashing out in Daves field. You are the man. I only wanted to pay for one hotel night just to get cleaned up and what not.

Righ from the FB event Page -
"Overnight camping permitted. YOU MUST PURCHASE A MULTI-DAY TICKET/WRIST BAND TO CAMP"
Bon Fire is @ the shop

You can also camp in @ milan - there will be tons of DSM'ers there too

I will bw rolling into Milan around 2 on Thursday afternoon. Ill be at the Days inn with my evo IX. Hopefully gonna run in the max effort. Ill be at test and tune on friday night! :)

Man i realllllly wish i could make it...Hopefully next year.

Myself, Kp116, Mr Peepers, SlantedJ and Fenix are leaving Janesville, WI thursday around noon.. So far I believe were only bringing the SLR, Peepers' 1g and Fenix's Evo. I really wish I could afford to bring my Spyder down :( I suppose I might be able to bring my shitbox 1g..

Wished I could go to this, this year but no dice. I will have the car done by next year's event. I will probably be trailering my GST next year. Any dates set for next years event yet? I like to plan way ahead. Yall have fun and drink a beer for me. Good luck to whoever is racing.

Here are the details I copied and pasted from the track website for those that are interested.;) You can view the website directly here too.
Summit Motorsports Park - Norwalk Ohio :: News 8/14/2012

Welcome the 20th Annual Buschur Racing DSM/EVO Shootout this weekend at Summit Motorsports Park. 8/13/2012

NORWALK, Ohio – The 20th Annual Buschur Racing DSM/EVO Shootout and Mitsubishi gathering is August 18 and 19 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio.

This is the hour and place for racers and fans to prove yourselves.

You’ve been talking all summer about the size of this event. Who are you bringing?

All summer you talked about the amazing machines, the speed, the class. Is your ride ready?

At this Buschur Racing signature event, the autocross, drag racing, swap meet and vendor midway provide a well-grounded opportunity to step it up to the next level of racing.

Better yet, just come out and have a great time!

Admission for adults is $15 a day. Children ages 12 and younger are admitted free.

The racing fee is $35 a day.

At the swap meet, a space is included with an adult admission. A vendor space runs $500 for the entire event, and includes five workers per day.

Motorhome trackside camping costs $50, while primitive camping costs $25.

Two more plusses: On your calendar log two testing opportunities before Saturday at Summit Motorsports Park.

Wednesday $7 Fun Night costs $7 to race or watch. Gates open at 5 p.m., time trials begin at 5:30 p.m. and eliminations begin at 8:30 p.m.

Friday Test N’ Tune costs $12 to race or watch. Children ages 6 to 12 are admitted for $6. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. Testing runs from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m.

For information about Wednesday $7 Fun Night or Friday Test N’ Tune, call Summit Motorsports Park at 419-668-5555.

For questions about the 20th Annual Buschur Racing DSM/EVO Shootout call 440-839-1900 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or visit the Web at highboostforums.com, or e-mail [email protected]

Gates open at 9 a.m. on Saturday and 8 a.m. on Sunday. The show lasts from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, and from 8 a.m. until done on Sunday.

We're busy getting everything ready to head up to Ohio on Thursday night, can't wait!

We will be set up at the dyno day on Friday so you can come say hi then, or we will have our booth set up at the track on Saturday and Sunday. We'll have some giveaways at the booth as well as some show specials, and we're also giving away a FREE set of injectors, so don't miss out there.

We will also be posting photo coverage each night so the guys who weren't able to make it out can follow along and see who's out there. That will be posted on our Facebook page so keep an eye on that through the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there, we just need to get through the next few days first... haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back