The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g Uncrushed / Unmodded BOV and surging when under light throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EagleTalonTim

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2007
Brighton, Tennessee
I am sure this is covered in these forums somewhere, but I just can't seem to find this exact issue.... Today, me and a friend installed a Dejon 1g turbo intake pipe which has the recirculation part welded to allow for Vent to Atmosphere. I am running speed density with ECMlink so I decided to go ahead and vent to remove one more rubber hose from under the hood. After installing this pipe and a new K&N filter, I took it for a test drive only to find that my car now surges constantly under light throttle. There is also a slight whistle sound coming from the BOV when slowly releasing the throttle. Is the BOV opening while just driving down the road? Is this supposed to happen and is there a way to prevent this from happening? I have tried 2 different BOV's, one dodge modded, and the other stock. Both did the same thing. No issues when under full boost (20 psi).

Have you tried boost leak testing to see if the either BOV is leaking? When I starting venting I did nothing and the car behaved just like before.

I did do a boost leak test and both BOV's do not leak when there is no vacuum on the top diaphram.

EDIT : If it helps any, I replaced the old setup I was using which was the stock rubber intake pipe that was connected to a 2G MAF and a K&N filter. There was quite a bit more restriction than the new setup. I really need to get this figured out today since my car is my DD that I drive 40 miles one way to work.

Come to find out, when I did the BLT, I must have knocked loose my TPS sensor plug which caused it to read all choppy on ECMLink. Got it plugged in good and it is running just fine!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back