The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

1g - replace sun visor clip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therealjgall

Probationary Member
5
1
Oct 26, 2019
Baltimore, Maryland
Hi everyone, I broke one of the plastic visor clips. I can't figure out how to replace it. How do I get the old piece off? I tried pulling the spring cap off, but it's really on there. thanks in advance

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Slightly deform the spring clip by squeezing it on the OD with pliers. Deforming it partially relaxes it from some parts of the rod and it can be walked off (rotating and pulling) using the pliers.

If done properly, the deformed spring clip can be straightened and reused. Obviously, there’s a point where too much deformation cannot be corrected so go a little at a time.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back
Top