The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g oil filter housing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffreyinigo

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
hey guys i have a 1992 awd talon that shows very little oil pressure. it runs kind of crappy even though i just changed the oil. i think the oil filter housing is leaking, does a 1990 awd talon oil filter housing fit the 1992? reason i ask is because they both look different.
thanks

The 90 housing uses an external oil cooler, you will need the entire setup. If the housing is visibly leaking, the o-ring probably needs to be replaced.

oil leaking shouldnt mean it holds low oil pressure unless its leaking large sums of oil, your oil pressure being low sounds like a whole nother problem. Possibly worn bearings, clogged up oil system, or a poor working oil pump.

Does anybody know ware I can buy an 1990 oil filter housing. So I can slap some fittings on it and run some lines to the cooler i already have. Just trying to get rid of my coolent lines running everyware.

JNZ Tuning probably has the best price on that filter housing. I got mine from them and installed it this weekend, actually. :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back