The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 1g Knock Sensors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This thread pertains to 1G knock sensors that are manufactured for a 4G63 motor only. If you would like to start a different thread on optional sensors, be my guest.
Marty

You still never answered my question and others questions so.....start a new thread and answer those questions. No don't. This thread is only for the component stated, 1g knock sensors, not anything other than that.

For any of the people that have installed the shorter wire OEM Knock sensor. Did you have to extend the wire to reach the connection? Thanks.

I recently purchased an OEM Shorter wire Knock sensor and was curious if this needs to be done. I'm installing this on a 1991 Talon Tsi

For any of the people that have installed the shorter wire OEM Knock sensor. Did you have to extend the wire to reach the connection? Thanks.

I recently purchased an OEM Shorter wire Knock sensor and was curious if this needs to be done. I'm installing this on a 1991 Talon Tsi
From what I read it reaches to plug in but can’t be installed on the holder thingy on the bracket

I just ordered the GPD on Partsgeek for my G-vr4. It said they have 4, so there should be three more there left. Does anyone know if these work as well as the $140 sold out nobody makes them anymore ones? Last time I bought one was ages ago, but I seem to remember them being around $80 for the ones that were more of a trusted brand. I'm skeptical with this one going for less than $50 after the price of everything else in the world seems to have doubled or tripled. This is one of those reasons I only drive my Colt and Galant a couple times a year.
PS. Thanks for this thread. I had almost given up on finding a knock sensor for this car.

IIRC, the GPD units look like a good replacement and I think I have one myself. The Standard Motor Products units have worked good for me.

I just ordered the GPD on Partsgeek for my G-vr4. It said they have 4, so there should be three more there left. Does anyone know if these work as well as the $140 sold out nobody makes them anymore ones? Last time I bought one was ages ago, but I seem to remember them being around $80 for the ones that were more of a trusted brand. I'm skeptical with this one going for less than $50 after the price of everything else in the world seems to have doubled or tripled. This is one of those reasons I only drive my Colt and Galant a couple times a year.
PS. Thanks for this thread. I had almost given up on finding a knock sensor for this car.
If that doesn't seem to work out, I have a good used OEM sensor I'd be willing to get rid of.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back