The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Do 7-bolts have Knock Sensors??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artago

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2006
North Vancouver, BC_Canada
Hey all. Someone recently told me that 7-bolt engines don't have a knock sensor. Is this true?:confused: If it is, then how am I supposed to detect knock? Can I install a knock sensor somehow? I plan to get DSMlink later on, so how would I connect the (installed) knock sensor to DSMlink? Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom.

Sweet, thanks guys. Rookie mechanic told me that the 7-bolts don't have knock sensors and I was like PPPHHFFFT WHAT?!?! WTF . Just thought I'd confirm with you guys. So far DSMtuners.com 1:thumb: , Mechanic 0:notgood: .

Thanks again, Tom.

Perhaps he thought that because you can't log it using normal means (meaning not-DSMLink).

Yes. It's commonly displayed in degrees of timing retardation, but if you want to calculate it into "counts" like most people write on here you can multiply degrees by 2.833.

DSMLink will log Raw data as well ( how many counts of knock) and will also log how many degrees the timing is being retarded

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back