The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 1g evo 3 housing turboback

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnyrunner01

Probationary Member
Sep 7, 2020
Thornton, Colorado
I've got a 92 eagle talon tsi awd with a big 16g and an evo 3 02 housing. I am extremely new to dsm and Mitsubishi in general so im still trying to figure it out. Ive heard rre makes downpipes that would fit the evo 3 02 housing but they have seemed to stop making them. Does anyone know of a turboback for my talon that would fit my evo 3 housing?

Just buy any downpipe made for the stock 02 housing then have the flange cut and rewelded at your local muffler shop. Nobody makes that downpipe anymore.

Sounds like that could be an interesting thing to make as a side business

Business survives if there is a demand for the part. not many upgrade to evo3 o2 housings anymore when the aftermarket has plenty of choices. (bsfab, jmfab, punishment (if they are still around)

Oh? I'll have to look into those. I didn't realize that would be a good (and frankly kinda obvious now that I think about it) option. That may be my route to go! Thanks for the heads up

I would be happy running the $70 XS tubular o2 housings they sell on eBay. All you need to do is make sure the flanges are flat. Screw that evo o2 housing.
I'm not sure that housing would work. Its not an internally gated turbo so I would need an external wastegate.

From the pictures in the other thread it looks to me like the turbo has had the wastegate removed and will require an O2 housing with external wastegate.

Or a new hotside.
Yea that one I am aware of. Ive got a wastegate on the way and I "think" that the top port is for a wastegate. If not im definitely going the new 02 housing route. I already modified the stock downpipe to fit the housing so id need a new downpipe too. Still might go that route though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a Megan DP off Ebay, just make sure you order correctly for your application (FWD/AWD). Then it will arrive and take it to a muffler show. They will have to cut (maybe) and move it to fit, then reweld. In my case I purchased a 3" DP and it bolted up just fine to my o2 housing.

Ive got a wastegate on the way and I "think" that the top port is for a wastegate. If not im definitely going the new 02 housing route

From what I can see your O2 housing is set up for an external wastegate and a dump pipe.

From what I can see your O2 housing is set up for an external wastegate and a dump pipe.
Yea thats kinda what I was thinking

Buy a Megan DP off Ebay, just make sure you order correctly for your application (FWD/AWD). Then it will arrive and take it to a muffler show. They will have to cut (maybe) and move it to fit, then reweld. In my case I purchased a 3" DP and it bolted up just fine to my o2 housing.
I already cut the stock dp just to get it to work for now. Should line up atleadt okay

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back