The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1g Dejon Intake vacuum Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
I assume itd be routed the same as a stock set up, but anyone know how to route the two vaccuum ports that are next to each other on the intake pipe?
Where do they go?

I also have the BOV Vacuum line not being used. Apparently it goes anywhere after the throttle body, on the intake. however I dont have any lines available, my pvc valve is going into the one nip on the left, fuel pressure reg line going into the one all the way to the right. And I believe the middle nip is being used by the line that connects to that 90 degree nipple coming out the side of the valve cover next to the t-stat housing.

i believe the 90 degree one coming out of the valve cover by the thermostat is supposed to be routed back into the intake. and the one with the PCV valve goes into the intake manifold

i believe the 90 degree one coming out of the valve cover by the thermostat is supposed to be routed back into the intake. and the one with the PCV valve goes into the intake manifold

Thanks for the tip BTW,

If thats the case, then I should route the bov to the middle port and that line coming off the valve cover to one of the nipples on the intake pipe.

However I would still have those two other nips on the pipe I need to figure out where they go

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, very useful diagram, I remember seeing this one before. It doesnt seem to take into account all the lines though, such as the 2 lines coming off the intake pipe(theres a total of 4, and Im trying to figure out where the 2 that are close together go)
Also doesnt say where that line coming off the cover goes, although you did say that goes to a nipple on the intake as well.

LOL this car is vacuum nightmare because a lot of people seem to do things different.

On the stock 1g one is from the evap, and the other from the VC.Both go to intake pipe.

he mentioned that he has 4 nipples on his intake... where do the other 2 go?

Basically If Im understanding you guys correct, this is how I have it.

1. The biggest nipple, goes to the bov Pipe
2.The smallest nipple goes into the boost control solenoid.(Not sure if I need this if im running a MBC, ill have to double check)
3.one goes to evap(which is below battery tray?)
4. Goes into the nipple that makes a 90 degree bend off the valve cover.

With this set up it freed a nip on the intake mani

Now my question with a Manual Boost Controller, is this an ok set up.

I have the boost control solenoid going to the intake pipe, but the other line is actually looped off, so pretty much capped.
But for the MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER (HALLMAN PRO I BELIEVE) I have the input side going into the nipple off the jpipe, while output is going to the waste gate nip

Basically If Im understanding you guys correct, this is how I have it.

1. The biggest nipple, goes to the bov Pipe
2.The smallest nipple goes into the boost control solenoid.(Not sure if I need this if im running a MBC, ill have to double check)
3.one goes to evap(which is below battery tray?)
4. Goes into the nipple that makes a 90 degree bend off the valve cover.

With this set up it freed a nip on the intake mani

Now my question with a Manual Boost Controller, is this an ok set up.

I have the boost control solenoid going to the intake pipe, but the other line is actually looped off, so pretty much capped.
But for the MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER (HALLMAN PRO I BELIEVE) I have the input side going into the nipple off the jpipe, while output is going to the waste gate nip

You've got it right.

1. Big inlet near the turbo is for the bpv (bypass valve, not really a bov).
2. The nipple on the MAF can goes to a solenoid then to a tee, which branches off to the WG and J-pipe.
3. One inlet goes to the charcoal canister, which is indeed under the battery.
4. And the final inlet goes to the valve cover to vent excess pressure.

EDIT: forgot, the nipple from the MAF goes to a solenoid first, then to the tee :rolleyes:

There should be no capped off or open nipples if you're following the stock setup. Reference the vac line diagram posted above if you think you're missing something.

And the answer to your second question, here is the best way to install a MBC.

hey, just out of curiosity, since this thread has been solved, and no need to start another one... whats the best place for a boost source for your MBC if you dont have a nipple on your compressor housing?

You've got it right.

1. Big inlet near the turbo is for the bpv (bypass valve, not really a bov).
2. The nipple on the MAF can goes to a tee, which branches off to the WG
3. One inlet goes to the charcoal canister, which is indeed under the battery.
4. And the final inlet goes to the valve cover to vent excess pressure.

And the answer to your second question, here is the best way to install a MBC.

Awesome, honestly thanks alot to all of you, i think I got it perfect now.
Only thing I have to do is swap my lines going into the boost controller

hey, just out of curiosity, since this thread has been solved, and no need to start another one... whats the best place for a boost source for your MBC if you dont have a nipple on your compressor housing?

Wherever theres pressure I would assume, in my case it would be the J-Pipe. Maybe not pressure is the wrong way to describe it. But Something Like your intercooler or even your intake manifold would work

Last edited:

Like Mr. Trigger mentioned above.

I'd just drill and carefully weld one on to the J-pipe. I say carefully because I'm assuming you've got an aftermarket pipe which is probably thin. You'll get burn-trough very easily if you're not cautious. Don't try to run a bead or anything. Just little tacks, let it cool, another tack, etc.

Or just bring it to a shop :)

no j pipe for me. i would assume it doesnt really make a difference though? ive got a dejon piping kit. maybe ill take off my LICP and see if my buddy can do it for me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back