The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 1g Awd Energy suspension full kit / front subframe bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I installed the kit. The rear subframe bushings don’t exist because they’re actually part of the subframe. I wouldn’t suggest replacing them with boostx ones unless they really need it. It’s a pain in the ass to get them out and they pretty damn stiff as it is.

You’re also going to have a lot of squeaking no matter how much grease you use. I slathered every bushing and my car squeaked from day one. Car feels super stiff but also feels super stiff on bumpy roads if you get my drift. It will not be a luxury car afterward. Overall, a worthy upgrade that takes a lot of work. If you don't replace the giant rear subframe bushings then it's not THAT bad.

I installed the kit. The rear subframe bushings don’t exist because they’re actually part of the subframe. I wouldn’t suggest replacing them with boostx ones unless they really need it. It’s a pain in the ass to get them out and they pretty damn stiff as it is.

You’re also going to have a lot of squeaking no matter how much grease you use. I slathered every bushing and my car squeaked from day one. Car feels super stiff but also feels super stiff on bumpy roads if you get my drift. It will not be a luxury car afterward. Overall, a worthy upgrade that takes a lot of work. If you don't replace the giant rear subframe bushings then it's not THAT bad.

Awesome. So you got the full kit and it came with all 6 front subframe bushings?

The front two aren't structural. The rear four on juat the subframe piece itself is all you need. It is not fun.

This one was seized so I had to drill and burn it off. What are my options now???

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its been so long since I did it. I didn't think there was a shell or anything. Thought it was self explanatory. What is the problem/question?

Its been so long since I did it. I didn't think there was a shell or anything. Thought it was self explanatory. What is the problem/question?

If the kit comes with all 6 for the front subframe. When you google just the front subframe set, they only show 4.

6 are not needed. The kit comes with 4. There are only 4 on the subframe. The other two bushings in the front of the car do not need to be replaced. If you just have to for whatever reason you have to buy another subframe set. Whats the me problem with the burned out bushing?

6 are not needed. The kit comes with 4. There are only 4 on the subframe. The other two bushings in the front of the car do not need to be replaced. If you just have to for whatever reason you have to buy another subframe set. Whats the me problem with the burned out bushing?

So the bushing I had to burn off is the same as one in the middle bushing. Is that correct?

I don't remember 6 bushings on the subframe itself. Only 4. The other two I mentioned are forward on the car. Those are the ones I hear mentioned time to time. Do you have the kit in your hand yet? If not order it and you'll see what's what.

I don't remember 6 bushings on the subframe itself. Only 4. The other two I mentioned are forward on the car. Those are the ones I hear mentioned time to time. Do you have the kit in your hand yet? If not order it and you'll see what's what.

I don’t have the kit yet. Are you saying I need to buy a subframe? I know you’re saying only the rear two are what matter but I can’t put this back in with the old bushing.

there are 4 bushings that hold the subframe to the car. Its been a long time since I did this. Look at some of the old posts and pics.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back