1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1g abs delete

Posted by OLDDOOD, Sep 20, 2020

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. OLDDOOD

OLDDOOD Proven Member

Joined Apr 11, 2019
    Janesville, Wisconsin
    Starting to work on a mostly stock 93 Talon TSI. In the process of deleting the ABS. With the motor still in the car, do you guys just pull the intake manifold off to access the proportioning valve? Car still has AC so getting to the bottom bolts of the intake manifold looks damn near impossible.
    Any tricks to making this swap easier?

120  1

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. TK's9d2TSi

TK's9d2TSi Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    If you don’t want to remove the IM, removing the brake master and reservoir might be your only choice and pretty easy.

487  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

540  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 3K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.2 @ 120 · 1G DSM
  3. yokotabrat

yokotabrat Proven Member

Joined Mar 11, 2004
    Longmont, Colorado
    I just did this earlier in the year on my 92. My car also has AC. It couldn't figure out a way to remove all of the stock brake lines with everything in place so I cut the stock lines. This allowed me to remove everything without having to remove the intake manifold. Putting the new non abs lines in was a challenge also. I had to remove at least one of the AC lines where it attaches at the firewall and bend the new non abs line a little to get it in place. It takes patience but if you are willing to cut the stock ABS lines, it can be done without removing the intake manifold.

1K  2

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.705 @ 107.660 · 1G DSM
  4. OLDDOOD

OLDDOOD Proven Member

Joined Apr 11, 2019
    Janesville, Wisconsin
    This is what I ended up doing, along with pulling the brake master cylinder. I didn’t pull that AC line Off the firewall as I didn’t want my system to completely leak out. I just ran the line in front of the AC line. Not ideal but it works for now. Now I’m in the process of trying to get the lines from the prop valve To the master cylinder. Guy I bought em from bent em up pretty good. Gonna be a bit of a challenge

120  1

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM