1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

GVR-4 89 Galant GS ABS delete

Posted by johnboyrs, Mar 27, 2020

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. johnboyrs

johnboyrs Proven Member

Joined May 28, 2011
    brownfield, Texas
    Ok, I have this 89 galant gs with abs and I want to take it out and have a couple of 1g shells without abs can I do this with the hard lines?.....also has anyone seen a factory air ride system on a galant????

2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    You can do an abs delete, but idk if 1g lines will match up. Can always bend/flare you're own lines from the distribution block to the fenders. Rear lines should be the same I believe.

Factory air ride? Never seen or heard of a Galant having it, but I don't keep track of galants really.

Street Build 614  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

637  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 3K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. johnboyrs

johnboyrs Proven Member

Joined May 28, 2011
    brownfield, Texas
    Thanks. Yea I'll get some pics today, you know on vr4s they have a clock on the center dash mine has ride modes of sorts.

4. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Post some pics, might have had electronic ride control similar to supras of that era.

Street Build 614  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

637  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 3K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  5. buddahboost

buddahboost Proven Member

Joined Aug 15, 2007
    CHICAGO HEIGHTS, Illinois
    I removed my ABS on my 91 Gvr4. No need to flare your lines. Autozone/parts store carry lines. I ripped out the old front lines and measured them. Of course I couldn't mimic the bends exactly so I did have some slack. It's a Japanese lines 8mm x1.0 I believe. Take the end with you to make sure you have the right line or even a brake hose.

You need a non abs prop valve as well. The rear lines just need to be slightly bent to match the valve but its fairly simple. I also replaced the metal line at the strut since mine were rusted and I cut them out.