The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

GVR-4 89 Galant GS ABS delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnboyrs

10+ Year Contributor
May 28, 2011
brownfield, Texas
Ok, I have this 89 galant gs with abs and I want to take it out and have a couple of 1g shells without abs can I do this with the hard lines?.....also has anyone seen a factory air ride system on a galant????

You can do an abs delete, but idk if 1g lines will match up. Can always bend/flare you're own lines from the distribution block to the fenders. Rear lines should be the same I believe.

Factory air ride? Never seen or heard of a Galant having it, but I don't keep track of galants really.

Thanks. Yea I'll get some pics today, you know on vr4s they have a clock on the center dash mine has ride modes of sorts.

I removed my ABS on my 91 Gvr4. No need to flare your lines. Autozone/parts store carry lines. I ripped out the old front lines and measured them. Of course I couldn't mimic the bends exactly so I did have some slack. It's a Japanese lines 8mm x1.0 I believe. Take the end with you to make sure you have the right line or even a brake hose.

You need a non abs prop valve as well. The rear lines just need to be slightly bent to match the valve but its fairly simple. I also replaced the metal line at the strut since mine were rusted and I cut them out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back