1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1g/2g Driveshaft differences (awd swap)

Posted by v8s_are_slow, Nov 9, 2011

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. v8s_are_slow

v8s_are_slow Proven Member

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    Okay my conversion is complete, buuuuut I don't have a driveshaft. I either wanna buy an aluminum driveshaft where it replaces the 1st two sections, or the 1 piece carbon fiber driveshaft that replaces the whole thing. Although maybe it needs the very end pieces??? Like the part that goes in the transfer case and the part that bolts up to the rearend.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the parts are about the same or not. I figure if I find an old driveshaft, I can use the parts I need.....if parts are needed. Anyone know what parts are different? Or if I need the rear section, is it the same length?

2K  20

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM
  2. tkrPerformance

tkrPerformance Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    plymouth, Minnesota
    the 2g driver shaft is a little longer than a 1g shaft
    I have a 1 piece chromolly drive shaft I would sell.

3K  0

1995/Mitsubishi/evolution 3
    manual · Lancer Evolution

Street Build 2K  0

manual · 2G DSM
  3. v8s_are_slow

v8s_are_slow Proven Member

Joined Sep 30, 2002
    Panama City, Florida
    Are you talking about aluminum? One piece or 2? Price? Just pm me. Thanks.

2K  20

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    10.949 @ 129.77 · 2G DSM