The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Spyder 1998 Spyder GS - Driver Rear Quarter Window Went Down, Now Completely Dead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirhecker

Probationary Member
1
0
Jul 22, 2026
Victoria, BC, Canada
Hey everyone,

I’m new to the DSM community and currently restoring a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS. I’ve been slowly bringing the car back after it sat for quite a while and have already fixed several electrical issues.

My biggest issue right now is the driver-side rear quarter window.

Here’s exactly what’s happening:

  • Driver rear quarter window went down normally using the driver master window switch.
  • Now it will not go back up.
  • Pressing the switch UP is completely silent. No click, no motor noise, nothing.
  • The window is now fully buried inside the quarter panel, so I can’t grab the glass to pull it up manually.
  • Rear seats and interior trim are already removed.
  • I removed the rear speaker and found the access holes behind it, but I still can’t actually reach or see the regulator because it’s hidden behind the inner body structure.
  • I also found what appears to be the larger Spyder control module behind the rear seat (black box with blue and white stickers), but I haven’t replaced anything yet.
Other window behavior:

  • Driver front window works.
  • Passenger rear quarter window works.
  • Passenger front window currently does not work, but that’s a secondary issue and my priority right now is getting the driver rear quarter window closed before I continue troubleshooting.
My questions are:

  1. Has anyone had a rear quarter window that would go down but then become completely dead on the UP command?
  2. Is this more commonly a master switch issue, the Spyder control module, wiring, or the regulator/motor?
  3. Most importantly, is there a way to manually raise the rear quarter window while I diagnose the electrical problem? I’d like to get the glass closed to protect the interior.
Any advice, service manual references, or photos of the regulator/access points would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top