The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1990 talon A/C fan issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakroda

Proven Member
May 3, 2016
İstanbul, Europe
hello
first of all previous owner is removed air condition with hoses and pipe..my problem is when temperature is 115 degree A/C fan is not turn on i thought maybe thermo switch is broken then i bought a new sensor 80-85 why did i buy 80-85 sensor because i want 2 fans to work together but A/C fan does not work only radiator fan previous owner cut the wires and i made them as a factory loom but it s not working:(( even i did not have A/C system i press A/C button, only radiator fan works not A/C maybe dual pressure is not activated i read diagrams Do you have an idea where to start for this issuethanks
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

With the factory 90 wiring, my passenger fan comes on with the thermoswitch in the bottom of the radiator and the drivers side fan will come on when I press the A/C button and turn the fan onto low. Did the PO hack out the drivers side wiring for the fan? I swapped that radiator into my 92 and it works exacly as you need it too. I wonder if the PO eliminated some important wiring. All the fan has to do is have its relay see a ground and it should come on. Does the car still have the relay for the A/C fan installed (PO could have gotten rid of it "to save weight" :banghead:
I am not at my house but can help in any way when I am close to the cars.
Marty (Pops)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back