1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G 1990 talon A/C fan issue

Posted by sakroda, Aug 14, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. sakroda

sakroda Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2016
    ─░stanbul, Europe
    hello
    first of all previous owner is removed air condition with hoses and pipe..my problem is when temperature is 115 degree A/C fan is not turn on i thought maybe thermo switch is broken then i bought a new sensor 80-85 why did i buy 80-85 sensor because i want 2 fans to work together but A/C fan does not work only radiator fan previous owner cut the wires and i made them as a factory loom but it s not working:(( even i did not have A/C system i press A/C button, only radiator fan works not A/C maybe dual pressure is not activated i read diagrams Do you have an idea where to start for this issuethanks

2. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    With the factory 90 wiring, my passenger fan comes on with the thermoswitch in the bottom of the radiator and the drivers side fan will come on when I press the A/C button and turn the fan onto low. Did the PO hack out the drivers side wiring for the fan? I swapped that radiator into my 92 and it works exacly as you need it too. I wonder if the PO eliminated some important wiring. All the fan has to do is have its relay see a ground and it should come on. Does the car still have the relay for the A/C fan installed (PO could have gotten rid of it "to save weight" :banghead:
    I am not at my house but can help in any way when I am close to the cars.
    Marty (Pops)

Street Build 5K  29

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    14.74 @ 117.04 · 1G DSM

1K  14

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

838  18

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1998 Eagle Talon TSi