The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1989 Mirage+ BW S475=Huge turbo awesomeness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglady112

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2004
Commerce City, Colorado
Finally got this thing up and running. Should be dialing it in in the next week or two. Just a map sensor away from hauling some ass. Thought some guys would get a chuckle out of it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The exhaust is gonna shoot out the top of the hood?! man your crazy insane! One quick observation though wont that impede airflow at your projected speed? In your sig it says "project 200 mph" I think at 200 mph having a giant smoke stack will effect your aerodynamics haha! Plus at 200 mph it would simply collapse or rip off, not to mention melting the bejubus outta your radiator support.

This is not my car. I own a colt.

And this thing is only going to stick up about 1.5" from the hood.

My car sticks out of the driver's fender about that far. Sure it may hamper it, but not too many options with a bottom mount manifold and 5" exhuast.

How is it going to collapse or rip off? It is attatched by a v-band clamp at the turbo, not above the hood. And it does not touch the core support. Radiant heat is not as bad through the exhaust as it is through the manifold. And the radiator sit s few inches more forward than the exhuast, not even an issue there. It sits inside the core support.

We are not the first to do this. Plenty of cars over the years have done this. Actually very popular in the honda crowd.

Again you must not understand how tight it is with a 5" exhuast and a bottom mount turbo. And this is not a dsm, there is much less room all around.

holy crap that awesome! are you going to add a flap on top to stop the rain from coming in?

We have discussed it. I just need to check on pricing to see if it is worth it.

We have discussed it. I just need to check on pricing to see if it is worth it.

You did my motor mounts! I sent you them straight from JNZ...help you remember a little better. Way to see that you're still around. :thumb:

Oh yea, we still do it. Went 209mph last month in our land speed talon. And 213mph last week. Don't plan on going away any time soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back